Sunday, September 27, 2015

Sunday Rants

Looks like Pat's Emma when she was a tiny pup and now she is almost six years old and is more beautiful than ever.  She's a loving dog and our lives would be empty without her.   

Blue Birds . . . Mother Earth news shows so many lovely bird pictures they receive from photographers from all over.   A special talent and a good eye.    Thanks for sharing .. . . the Blue Bird of Happiness!!!

Remember I wrote up the story of Sheila and her experience with the elk...well this is the one that was pawing the ground because she spoke to its mate. . .jealousy?   Or just plan mean.   She said she was scared and I know I would be.  She got under the table fast;  I'd probably be frozen solid and scare him away.

Hey there Marcia, good to get a peek at you.    Miss our lunches.  Miss the hugs.   Yes, I miss you.

What is that song about sunshine in the meadow. . . a summer day. . . afield of wild flowers . . . doesn't get much better than that.    "There's a bright summer haze in the meadow. . .la, la, la....


Well my Saturday was a quiet one, didn't do much but try and find and sort out some of the puzzle pieces.   I enjoyed my table company at lunch today and find the folks come around to hear me read to Vinnie but just will not sit down and join us.  They want to visit.  They want to know what the book is about.  They all know there was  a movie all about this Herman Wouk work and yet, they do not stay but a few minutes.    A puzzle, as they are more than welcome to sit in.   We had pizza and salad today and no one is complaining as the other choice was liver and a few like it but the majority would vote it out of the menu.  

Are you watching the dates?    September is about to leave and it seems like it just got started.    I have to mention the weather as we have had a few sprinkle like showers but no big storms, guess they are going to come later.   The majority of days stayed within the seventies with an occasion flare but nothing I could write and complain about to you.  You wouldn't listen anyway.....smile.    You are busy with your own weather and from what I hear heat has kept you busy along with wind.   Nature playing clown.

I have a breakfast out invitation this morning and I am anxious to see where we will go and whether I want to order a lovely omelet or my old standard biscuits and gravy.    Maybe I can exchange something on the plate and have it all.  I have decided to have coffee at home anymore.  The last time I saw three dollars for a cup of coffee I almost had as stroke.  I carried on like a banshee and am still aggravated to think that we are being gouged  . . . how dare they????  I have already battered this subject around;  my poor old depression mentality just can't grasp the prices of today.  Five dollars for a loaf of decent bread, junk style for a cheaper price but not quality.   Do you get the idea I am not happy with what is going on in our world?  You are right....I am not happy with any of it.     Guess I'll make baking powder biscuits as they are always good and I like them and easy to make.  Of course I have that fire alarm to contend with. . . . Christine would say; "oh for heavens sake, order the coffee."
So, make up your mind today as to what you want to order for your breakfast...cooking in or out.....out is fun, menu and choices, whatever you choose I hope it is delicious and delectable and good for your morale and your system as well.    Bring a smile along, a bit of a tale or two and look for that one person who needs the good deed, the hug and the little bit of attention to brighten his or her day.   Be content, be happy and share YOU with those you like and love.  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment