Friday, September 4, 2015

Good Morning!

Port Orchard Main Street all set for the big holiday weekend.

A good man knows what he is talking about.   

And I  thought St. Francis of Assisi only took care of the birds and the bees.

A truism you will find out a lot more about when you 'age'.

Beauty, love the color, love the birds.

I am late this morning, had a reading night.   I probably walked a bit more than usual yesterday as Patricia and I found our way to the big shopping mall in  Silverdale, probably a twenty minute ride south of us.   A huge mall with lots of shops, some familiar.   We walked the mall.   Oh my we walked and walked until we both gave up and headed for The Red Lobster and had lunch.  There was a Christopher Banks store which carries the sweaters I like but they were not in.  Guess I am rushing the season.   I did find a couple of my favorite sweat shirts, not on sale, but hard to find so I did not argue the price.  I was disappointed in J.C. Penny.   I was hoping for lower prices but that did not happen.   I still have that good old depression mind so find it very difficult to see a fifty-two dollar price tag on a pair of slacks that lack quality of any kind.  Whatever happened to those paper throw away clothes they promised some years ago.  I'm ready to try them.   Maybe I should learn to sew, or maybe I'll just wear what I have until it is a bit more threadbare.      

The computer went down and  showed a small clip saying they would try and locate the problem...wonder what that is all about.   I am back able to type and in larger print....we are so lucky!!!

Well the shopping trip was fun and we both found out we need to invest in small walkers as the cane is not doing a good job as it contributes to the back bending and aches all over.    It is so much easier with a walker even though it does 'date' one.    Comfort is more important or else it means no more going to malls.   The body has a will of its own and you better listen as it 'speaks loudly' and it is a given....you just find all about it the hard way....living a long time...smile.

Today is going to be a quiet day, laundry day, and I will finish the book I started, the sequel  to "Kill A Mocking Bird" '  it started slow, but has become a lot more interesting and it should be read first as it really leads up to Harper Lee's first writings.    She has a way with words.

So, I am going to love you and leave you for some good hot coffee and find something to go with it.   I will give you a break form my long rhetoric and thank God it is Friday, all day, and the holiday weekend is here,.   I hope you find a lot of festivities to attend and enjoy.    Check around and see what is going on and make a plan.   Don't forget to take your best attitude along and of course your sunshine smile and a bear hug too.     Be generous to a fault.   I like that expression.    Be kind, gentle and above all loving for each of us needs that soft word, warm hand and the wondrous touch.   As for me, a bear hug will make my day any and all days....I'm off to see who is ready for one.  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment