Saturday, September 19, 2015

Good Morning!

A barn owl, what a beauty.   I wrote a short story about a barn owl.   This one looks like it is in a cocoon; I would like to see it spread its wings, smiling eyes, like peep holes in  a blanket..

I was very lucky in my lifetime to have a best friend or two;  yeah lucky . . . one was a pen pal for sixty years , what a history we wrote about our families  as we traveled the country side and had tales to tell from new and distant places.    Life at its best.   One was a curmudgeon who delighted in scaring everyone away but it didn't work as I used to sing "you made me love you" and she finally did.   How many wonderful delightful years we had.   Both gone on to bigger and better things and they remain close in heart.   New best friends have come along and make my life bright and beautiful just because they are in it and delight in caring and sharing.  Yes,  lucky is a good word.
 

I think daughter Christine said there is a little luncheon at the Sydney Gallery today and she bought tickets for me and Patricia too.   We are going to lunch.   I'll tell you all about it.  The new display of talent will be out and I can hardly wait to see it. 

My girls sent for some new slacks for me.   They came, they didn't fit....Okay, you can laugh.  I forgot when I told them my size that I have gone from five foot seven to five foot two.   My tall svelte figure has become somewhat of a barrel shape that reminds me of my grandmother.    Back they went.  I suggested they try a woman's size...a bit larger, hopefully with shorter legs or I'll have to roll them up.

Another old tress.  I love old trees.   Lovers??  A fisherman with his catch?    A hunter?   a monkey high up and a bird.  Yes, I love old trees that are a canvas of art work all their own.

The week is ending, leisure time for all of us to plan a lazy day for ourselves.    Working all week inside and out of our homes;   hustle and bustle and time gets away from us .  Weekends make up for it . . . time to do what we need to do to catch up with ourselves both in house and out.    Then creating space. . . space to do a lot of nothing special . . . space to slow down and smell the flowers.   We all need it.   We all should find time to relax and catch up with the inner self;  the neglected self which  is too busy doing just about everything you can think of to keep your world going around.    Saturday is the Sabbath Day which we have always celebrated on Sunday . . . rest day. . . a day to and for yourself . . . so if you have been neglecting you, catch up with yourself and plan a day of rest.  But before you laze about get that one good deed done...a prayer for our service men and women;   a kind word , a gentle touch then partake of your favorite pastime and enjoy.   Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment