Monday, September 14, 2015

Flower Power

Looks like a hedgehog to me.   Wonder what flowers were used for this creation.

A bouquet, looks real, wonder how tall it is.

Must be someone they know and love;  powerful face and what a hair do!

Have no idea who this is but he sure looks like he is enjoying a snooze...rip van wrinkle maybe??

Maybe a warrior or two or three;  look closely and you can see three faces.


a
Over in the Netherlands they have a floral parade.   Isn't amazing what one can do with a flower, a twig and a leaf or two.   They really are talented and make it look easy but I bet it took a lot of folks and talent to put those floats together. Each one a brilliant piece of artistry.    I'd love to see them , wouldn't you?

This is glass work and it is a lot of work to create such beauty.   I was over to the Sydney Gallery yesterday to see the all glass art and it was an amazing collection.    There are two clocks on the wall that are really different and much to expensive to even think about buying , but what work and talent went into them and another dozen pieces.    There were two interesting tables as well, glass topped with intricate designs.    I was looking at several table pieces , wanted one for cookies when and if I have a tea party with some of the folks here, but the price tags on that kind of original glass art is not within my pocket book range.   Some paper plates have a lot of artistry and color or just plain old white will have to do.

The start of a new week and I turned the heat on this morning.  Yes, rain came in yesterday and it cooled us right down....again....the weather has been so iffy;  hot one day;  cool the next and down right cold this morning.   Fall is here with winter thoughts right behind it.    I like Fall as it gives us time to prepare for the coming winter months.   Sort of gets us in the mood to think about lining up the rain boots and of course a snow shovel , but not before we put the rakes to good tasks.   Raking leaves....now that is a fun Fall sport, can't think of anyone who really truly doesn't enjoy it.   The stores are busy thinking decorations, not just of Halloween but Christmas.   I read somewhere this week that we buy over nine tons of candy for the Halloween holiday, now that is pretty awesome and not good for the body but oh what it does for their pocketbooks.   I think I now know what 'sucker punched' means.    How foolish we are to buy into all of this hoopla that says we have to support all of the business folks, who need our business, yet gouge us past the point of no return.    I am for keeping the economy healthy but I'm still reeling over three dollars for a cup of coffee even with a refill, and that has nothing to do with the buying of candy, costumes and decorations.    Do I sound like a curmudgeon, well sometimes I am.  I'll get over it and this year I will find out if there are any little spooks in this area.  My daughters will have little visitors I am sure.  Here at Ridgemont it will be quiet unless they plan an in house spook party for us , probably at dinner time .  I'll let you know. 

Meanwhile take yourself in hand and plan a good deed or two for today.    Someone you know and love would appreciate a tiny bit of your time;   hearing a familiar loving voice can do wonders for a person who is 'confined' within their four walls and cannot get out and about to enjoy the Fall we talked about.   Think family . . .  is their someone you love waiting to hear from you?    I bet there is and only YOU can make their lives have meaning today.    So don't think of it as a 'duty' ;  think of it as a blessing in disguise;   a small token of the love you have for your family young and old.   Go, be that wonderful YOU and share YOU with those you like and love.   Hugs to all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment