Thursday, September 17, 2015

Hello.....Hello!!!!

Still locked into the old Princess style and love it; even made to let you hear better; bet that cell doesn't do it.  Sounds like someone in a tunnel; but the callers of all the things you don't want are still able to reach us on the land lines and if you don't respond the way they want calling one a 'bitch' is the sweet word of the day.    Such a change in our world.  

I never found a quarter;  but I did look...did you?

ha,ha,   I think this is a great idea...how come we haven't thought of it?  

A truism.    hum a favorite tune and listen to your heart.

Now this is something to think about.    I think we are all pretty. . . inside and out.
Good morning, coffee. . . ah . . . . woke up at four thirty and put the pot to work and took out the homemade coffee buns that our 98 year old Doris made yesterday along with some of her cookies, which I didn't get out this morning.   She is a wonder.   I think the rest of us think baking , at any time of day is a big job, but not Doris, she thinks it is a way to relax.   How much we enjoy the smells and the treats.   I went down the hallway to visit her yesterday and found her working on a puzzle.   She is one who thinks pounding the piece into place is a good idea so we had to stop and undo some of the frame as it was a little strange and she was never going to be able to finish it.    I don't have a puzzle on the board as yet as the new one is fifteen hundred pieces, a bit dauntless, so I'm thinking about it but a little reluctant to start.  Maybe when the winter weather confines me to quarters then I'll get busy ....  or, maybe not, although I miss not having a puzzle to play with.   I still have the all in one color blue one to try again although I failed the first try.   Meanwhile, I had a new visitor, a lovely lady named Doris who joined the luncheon table yesterday.   She asked if she could come and see my books  as she used to write a long time ago.  she enjoyed my pictures and knick knacks more but did take a book home to read.   I hope she enjoys it.    Pat came bye and picked me up for a trip over to the pharmacy to get a few items that are getting low, then on to her house and a few more episodes of "Reign" which is on Netflick.   If you have not tuned in, do, it has been great.   I love those old English history stories and this one is well done.  Other than that, nothing exciting around here.     The days fly bye and I  marvel that seventeen days of September are already gone.   Here at Ridgemont time has a different meaning as the residents are in their seventies, eighties and nineties , all in different stages of health so it is like being in a doctors office waiting for the next turn to go in for a check up hoping he wont find anything wrong.    That makes me think of the time I sat waiting to go in for my prenatal examination and the nurse opened the door for a head count and as she was closing it we heard her say, "Doctor that lady you got pregnant is here."  We had a good laugh over that  . . . come to think of it, he was a very handsome man and such a sweetheart. . . um. . . . nah.....I already had one of those.  

So, today, get that good deed done;  share you with someone you like and love;   soft words, a gentle touch when you pickup your current gadget to contact that special someone in your life.    Hopefully you will reach out and brighten the day for someone who is in need of a small reminder that today is a good day to be alive.    Use those seconds and share YOU with those you like and love.    Send a verbal hug or two, I can always use one.   Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment