Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Love and Like

Now these are cute;  bet they taste good too.    "Pony boy, pony boy, wont you be my pony boy, don't say no, here we go , ride across the plain,  marry me, carry me, ride away with me,  giddy up, giddy up, giddy up, whoa,  my pony boy" .. . . bet you hum that one a few times today...

I miss the Sierras.   I used to see this scene when riding the bus down the mountains from Reno to Sacramento . . .oh my, that was a long time ago.

Just a lovely scene.   It would be nice to go for a sail at sunset.   Ah, peaceful!

Way to go Bobby Jindal...Late in the race but a new voice may shake up the voting crowd.

I have no idea what this beautiful bird is called.   It is so pretty.  Love the colors, a blend of summer shades.

Well my friends, Tuesday has come around again and it is going to be cool and beautiful here in Port Orchard.   The Fall colors are becoming more brilliant as the days go by and after our little shower and a lot of wind yesterday the fallen leaves beg to be picked up and put in a vase, or a dish,  so you can bring a little of the outside in.    Brittle and beautiful , a few small rocks and a twig or two and you have a Fall bouquet to change your attitude today.  Yesterday I was invited to tea.   I told you I would tell you all about it.   The Gallery Group, as I call them, are the movers and shakers of our town.   They are creative and just plain wonderful.    The tables were set, lovely colorful napkins with leaves in fall colors.   A lovely centerpiece with small leaf dishes filled with colorful pumpkin and corn candies and peanuts to nibble while waiting for the food to be served.   A catered affair well served and delicious as we had choice of lemonade, coffee and ice water.   The plate of salad, delicious mac and cheese along with a sandwich of meatloaf and cheese;  all tasty and well presented.   The desert was apple crisp, a delicious  ending to a lovely affair, and I might just add, a filled room.   The ladies put on a presentation of the work they completed so far this year.   They are proud of their accomplishments and well they should be.  The next few months are already planned out and the spirit will prevail.   I am already thinking of saving up for the next tea.
 
Meanwhile, take a little time out today and go into your computer and pull up , http://www.youtube.com/embed/JNgCM7zp30m.   A video you will love and replay several times.   

 
 

A true lesson in Love.

So today, as you go about your business and are busy, busy, busy . . . think , just for a minute about someone who would sparkle from a call from you.    It just takes a few minutes of  your time and it adds hours of joy to theirs.   There is a wonderful man here in Port Orchard who donates his time visiting and helping the older members of society who have no family to see to them or anyone to call or visit as some have lost everyone that had been in their lives.  He is a marvel and he delights in sharing himself with those who have no one.  Finding a single flower in a little plastic vase at your front doorstep does wonders for the morale.  You are so young, you probably don't think of this, but I bet if you looked around your own neighborhood you would find one or two who are in that 'boat' and could use a fresh donut to go with their coffee;   a hug;   a smile;   or the relief of having someone take a small list to the store to refurbish their supplies.   I think it is listed under 'good deeds'   or maybe it was one of those seven wonders we were told to practice during our life time.   and, I might add that YOU benefit most of all.  Try it and I promise you will like it.    Hugs to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment