Monday, September 21, 2015

Nothing Special

Remember I wrote and told you about the tea , "An Afternoon  In Paris"  The table with the special fancy tea cups and our berets.....well here I am in all my glory.

How true and the older you get the more silver you get in your hair and the wrinkles begin to match up on both sides of your face, the nose never stops growing and we worry about a few scars . . . I know if I can't say something nice, I shouldn't say anything at all......I just don't want you to be scared when you look in  the mirror, it is the normal natural look of a beautiful person.  You lived.  You earned every blemish and scar so really it is something to brag about.

Jupiter and its moon.   Fantastic Pictures had several great photographs.  Some camera shots from space.

When you wake up, grab a cup of coffee and saunter back tot he computer to blog, you have had your exercise for the day.

So today, the start of your new week, a sigh that the weekend is gone and there is work to be done both inside and outside of your home, sit an extra minute and enjoy your coffee along with some breakfast as it should be your best meal of the day.   Listen to the weather forecast , a bit of news, find your keys and get ready for a busy day ahead.   If you are retired, roll over and think about getting up at a decent hour and then get on with your day.

I had a quiet weekend here at Ridgemont, if you can call moving the puzzle frame from the puzzle board to the table because of three pieces that wouldn't fit.  1500 pieces is just too much...but it is started and now to finish it sometime in the future; this one is going to take time.    Of course it was not easy as it fell apart and pieces hit the floor;  exercise, well let us just say I got more than I needed especially my mouth as I picked pieces off the floor.   The board is filled with pieces now and it is not a bad idea, you can spread them out and see just what you have although it doesn't spotlight the one piece you are looking for.   Ah, a lesson in patience and fortitude.   Doris stopped in, took one look at the puzzle and shook her head.   She had just finished a 300 pieced puzzle and could not get the last pieces to fit in.    I had to laugh as she is one who thinks pounding in a piece will make it work.    She had more lumps and bumps than she knew what to do with.    She said she will stick to her baking , so dropping off a couple of her pumpkin muffins was her good deed for the day.   Someone told her to take a cake mix and a can of pumpkin, mix it together and bake....not bad, a little doughy, tasty if you like pumpkin....not one of my  favorites.   I am for hot apple turn overs out of the oven....yum.
 
Make your Monday sing.   One good deed started with a hum , two good deeds and you can add some words,  three good deeds and you can howl to the moon and congratulate yourself for being one of the 'good' guys.    Don't forget to smile with your eyes,   grin and show those pearly whites and share a hug or two.    there is a song Jimmy Durante used to sing....'Make someone happy.'...wish I could remember the words....I am off to make me happy...coffee....coffee...ah. . . if you were close by I'd pour you a cup.    Hugs to all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment