Saturday, September 26, 2015

Know

Lovely to look at.

A truism.

There is something about a flight of birds heading home that lets you know day is done.


I know some wonderful friendly gardeners in Brookings Oregon who manage to do this all the time.   Maybe that is why they have a big sale day every year to help others fill in their gardens.    Some of the loveliest yards around.   Master Gardeners all.   Come to think of it there are a couple in Gold Beach I know and they have not only trees and bushes but flowers that delight the eyes and vegetable gardens that delight the pallet.    Happy green thumbs to them all.
 
Well Friday has come and gone and it was a 'down' day here at Ridgemont, Laundry day for me and that takes a chunk of time out of ones day.   I tried filling the washer before going up for lunch and it worked fine as all I had to do was check the wash out when I got through and place the clothing in the dryer and cut my waiting time  in half.  Now to get permission to do it more often as no one was on the list to use the laundry room and my time was open if someone wanted to use it.   Carolyn came in took one look at the puzzle and went back to tell her friend Ron about it and he stopped in to check it out and left, but Aggie came with her coffee thermos and stayed to look, but didn't touch.   Instead of finding puzzle pieces we had a good old fashioned gab session and that was fun.   Doesn't get the puzzle done but at least it is looked at.   Guess I'll have to do it myself.   I think Aggie said she told her niece and her niece said "she must be crazy" ;  I agree, fifteen hundred pieces is just too much, no space, hard to organize.  But it is started and it is coming along, it is just going to take time and right now I have some to spare.  Meanwhile our crew here has decorated for the upcoming Halloween holiday and the tables have new cloths and pumpkins and flowers.  Very pretty and festive. 
 
Later I treated my daughters to Mexican food.   The restaurant doesn't look like much but the manager is very friendly and the platters are filled to the brim with delicious Mexican food, and I mean platter.    I enjoy their company and love to hear what they did with  their seconds of the day.    We all have the travel bug, guess the Fall weather brings that on as going off somewhere would be fun before the winter months set in.  Or, maybe it is the daily recap from Sheila who is off touring through Canada and was leaving Nova Scotia yesterday for parts of New England then a flight home.   She has blogged on Facebook and it sounds like she had a tremendous vacation retracing her steps of a few years ago.   Time and money factor in so I doubt we can go far, but it is nice to just think about it.
 
Maybe you can travel;  if so, come this way.   I think you would love some of the Northwest scenery and I know you would love following the special restaurants along the way as they really do know how to treat the taste buds.   You might like the ferry ride to Seattle, or you might like driving along the old two way highways and stop off at some of the small towns.   Just an idea when you are thinking of vacation.   Meanwhile, September is leaving and October is  coming up;  and we start thinking holidays.   Time to get ready.   Time to share you with those you like and love.    Time, seconds, fly bye and for the most part we are not even aware of it.    Time to organize YOU so you can have your seconds lined up just the way you want them.    Tempus Fugits  so don't waste any.    Be good, be kind, be gentle, be the giver of love and laughter and 'shine'.   Hugs to all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment