Monday, July 27, 2015

YUM!!

Home grown carrots out of Sheila's garden, just the right size to nibble.

The Sunday Bistro Moroccan special dinner.    I didn't go but I bet it was delicious and different.  

A Dragon birthday cake;   I'd like one for Christine on her birthday.  She collects dragons but I bet she wouldn't collect this little guy.

Ha, ha, and a prayer not to get caught.

A new week.   It is actually cold in here this morning.  I closed the patio door for the first time in three months.   I left the widows open as it will warm up, but I must say it feel very nice right now.   Such a contract to the heat;  just hope we do not pick up a cold because of the contrast in our weather on a daily basis.    July is ending. It will be interesting to find what August will bring.  As the old adage goes:  'time will tell.'

Christine picked me up and we went to Freddy's to grocery shop and walk the aisles.   I had to renew my prescription and it was easy as the change over went well from the Brookings Freddy's to this store here.    The only thing is we got there early and the pharmacy didn't open until ten.   So after filling our carts we sat and had coffee.   The first question the clerk always asks is your birthdate and it is fun to see the surprise faces when you tell them 1924.  You can almost see their minds counting up your age.    One more chore done, now to find a local doctor , dentist, eye man  and a foot doctor  and the choices are many.    It is like wandering in to a foreign nation .   So, if you are going to make a change, a big change in your life, be sure you do your homework and look up the doctors where you are going so you know a little about them before you get to your destination.  I haven't had any suggestions from the staff or folks here, some just don't like the doctor they go to and they seem to have a long list .  They are more informed about having your hair done or your toe and finger nails. Come to think of it my hair needs a trim .  Didn't think that was going to come about for some time after the butchering job I did on it and Gina gave me the shortest cut I have ever had.   It is the style now as I see several of the ladies have hair cuts similar;  maybe I started a trend.  I keep thinking I should let it grow out but once past the ear I start looking for a scissors.   So much for glamor, maybe that is why one of the ladies gave me a magazine specializing in wigs.
 
One of the things I did when down sizing was to clear out my clothes closet and get rid of some of the items I had not worn in ten years or better;  well, we all hope for the girlish figure to return but never think we have to work at it for it to happen.  The only thing is I must have put my jacket and winter coat in the pile as I still haven't found them.    I guess I placed the winter coat in the bag without thinking of the northwest weather;  maybe I thought I was moving to Hawaii, at least in my mind.   So daughter Patricia got out a catalog and we went through it and chose a coat, a sweater and a pair of new slacks.  They arrived quickly and I tried them on and back they went.   The quality is just not there.   The material in the sweater was stretchy  and stretched as you held it in your hands.   I hate that kind of material.   The coat was great except the sleeves were up to my elbow and the slacks were paper thin for one of those real thin models.  My fat 'arse' would never be covered.  So much for catalog shopping, back they went and now to find a J.C. Penny store that has , hopefully, some decent clothes to buy.
 
Life's lessons, we learn new ones every day.    Start your week off by being patient with yourself and the rest of the week will be  much easier.    Take time for you, giving of yourself is a wonderful virtue but you owe yourself a little of that good will so you can continue to be there when and if needed.    It is time to pamper yourself and choose this week as your week;  do some of the things you really want to do.   Take care of your health first.   Then balance your seconds so that you feel the difference and it will put a smile on your face that wont fade.  Be a little selfish and then get back to doing your good deeds as you will have more pep and energy to do them.    Hugs to all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment