Saturday, July 25, 2015

Flowers





I had an attachment sent to me yesterday with pictures of flowers from all over the world grown and cared for.  Such beauty and imagination and hard work.   I wouldn't mind a trip across the ocean to see this place.    My notes disappeared so no details;  all I can tell you is that it is not the Buchard Gardens in Victoria, nor is it Holland where the beautiful tulips grow. There are times I wonder where my brain goes off to;  you probably wonder also.   

I am off to breakfast out this morning.   Christine's friend Sheila is making a kiesh and is picking me up at seven.   I have to put my shoes on early this morning as I usually lollygag around here until nine or ten unless I have places to go and things to do.   One of the perks when you retire.  You have something to look forward to.    I think I have perfected the non rushing attributes after all these years.    Of course it helps when you get this age as the body has a mind of its own.   You say move and it sort of rears back and says 'says who' . . . oh you have so much to find out about as you use your seconds up. 

Yesterday I had lunch with three of the men.   Vinnie was in rare form telling about a fist fight he had with one of the men at a place he lived in a few years back and it was over a lady, of course, what else?   Not a punch was thrown as others broke up the fight before it got out of hand.   One was in a wheel chair but got out of it in a hurry , my what temper can do.   Vinnie just felt sad he hadn't gotten at least one punch in.   Boys will be boys ...forever I guess.  We represented the Armed Forces;   one was Navy, one Army, one Air Force and I stood up for the Marines.   Of course I heard the old names like 'jarhead' but they didn't add any others.   Larry's V.A. hearing aids don't work and he does not hear at all.  He does read lips and he smiles a lot but rarely participates.  The other man, whose name I do not know yet, is very interesting in listening to as he seems to have a retentive mind and has so many tales to tell.   It is much easier when you have one at a time...smile.

Have yourself a great day doing the things you love to do.    Remember it is up to you to wear a smile, leave the frown at home and put a little jaunt in your step and walk about to get those muscles working.    Be kind, that is one of the most important facts in life as some forget that kindness is a virtue to share not to hoard.    Be gentle as it opens the door to tranquility.    Be  a lover and enjoy the perks, all those hugs and kisses just because You are You....what a way to spend your seconds.   Be wise and enjoy your seconds as they come.    Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment