Monday, July 6, 2015

Is That So!

It sounds good but, the proverbial but. . . your heart will be full when you have money in your bank account.

Son Michael works on a horse ranch in Nevada. . . if you don't believe in this sign, ask him.

As many times as I got to visit Virginia City I don't remember this kuseum.   It has been a very long time so maybe I just forgot.   Mark Twain left a legacy of history and fabulous reading behind.

Of course MacDonald is around the world and back again.  Probably heading for Mars.


Nobody told me when it was Ice Cream Day.    I think everyday should be ice cream day.    My favorite , when I could get it was chocolate and butterscotch ice cream served in a bowl with each covered with the sauces to match.    More like a sundae and very delicious, and very fattening, and very satisfying, and just plain very good.   I didn't get this girlish figure because I left some in the bowl.  I finished it to the last lick and had thoughts of more.

Here we go again, a new week and the heat goes on.   It was a bit cooler yesterday but not by much.    Christine treated us to fabulous steaks and Pat made a special tomato and cheese and basil salad which was different and very tasty.  The crusty bread was great and the asparagus cooked to perfection.    The ladies sure like to and knowhow to put a good meal together.   We watched a Net Flick 'Shield' series which was different and very well done.    Emma hogged the front of the fan and dreamed of tidbits falling from the table.   She has been put on a very special diet of sweet potatoes and would love to have a chunk of that steak fall from the table.  

I managed to go through a couple of my boxes left in Pat's garage.    There is no room in my little studio apartment for my treasures so seeing I had already wrapped and put names on them, I left them for the new owners.    I did rescue a few family pictures and my tall bookcase that I brought with me is now filled with all kinds of different things and a few books too.  That is my space.   Once filled it is the only place for treasures.    It was nice to find I had sense enough to pack some feathers and peacock feathers as well;  makes for a bit of decoration to make the room come alive. 
 
Last evening I had a knock on my door and Betty invited me to join her and a couple of others on the outside porch where two men were playing harmonicas.  One of the men has a debilitating disease which resembles the aftermath of a stroke but he played like he was in top shape and enjoyed every second of it.  Courage is the name of the game for many of the older folks.  This man is only in his sixties.   The other man,   a black man with smiling eyes and a gift for music and words.  He told stories and played a southern version of the Star Spangled Banner which I had never heard in my lifetime.    We do learn something new every day.  We had a chance to sing some of the old songs.   Wish I could have thought of more of the words for some of them.   It was fun and we had a great time.  I even sang "The Big Rock Candy Mountain" and was surprised some had never heard of it.  They promised to do it again so it gives us something to look forward to.  Reminded me of the childhood days of sitting out on a summer evening on Mamma Noone's front porch signing cowboy songs.   So the Fourth of July proved to be a banner holiday complete with fireworks that seem to be endless with the noise and booming that our poor  Emma thought was the end of her world.  I hope each of you found friends and family to celebrate with and survived with all your fingers and toes.

Monday is a good day to do good deeds.    Monday is a good day to get your laundry done...remember the good old days when Monday was wash day, Tuesday ironing, Wednesday baking day, if I remember correctly and the rest of the week is lost in a memory bank.    Saturday was probably confession day, Sunday church day, probably from all the things you did on Thursday and Friday that you didn't remember.   Well, even in those days, you had to have some fun.  How else could you rack up enough to confess on Saturdays.    Just enjoy today, make your seconds count for YOU.    Keep an eye open to be kind, considerate, and above all loving....some folks have a need for YOU to be in their lives today.  I sure am glad you are in mind.    Hugs to all.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment