Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Working

I wonder if there is somewhere in our world there is a place that has an all white flag.....we probably offended them if that is the case,     I love our flag, it is meaningful and beautiful and helps us keep in mind just what it stands for....Freedom.......hopefully this coming generation will smarten up and fight for it.

This brings to mind when son John was showing me how to do a few things on the computer for the very first time.  He was patient, understanding and in his own quiet way told me to be sure to keep my eye on the computer screen.   I would be able to follow the directions and soon I'd be a whiz.   I wanted to be so smart.  I didn't take my eyes off the screen.   I followed instructions to the letter and when he said 'enter' I looked until I was almost blind...then he reached over and hit ;enter' on the  keyboard.......well, some instructors are like that and the innocent pupil....dah!!!
 

Wish the lettering was much larger so you could read it with ease.    Interesting to say the least.

A great shot of the mountain as well as the Lavender Fields.    I enjoyed my trip to the lavender fields last year,  We may plan another trip and visit them again, but not this year as the heat has been unbearable. The news tells us we are in for a cooling spell...aah!!!!  We sure could use one.

I  think I had this picture on a short while ago.    It is striking.....just what lightening does.....wouldn't want to be standing outside when this storm was going on.    If it is heat lightening, think of the fires that would be set in our forests.   A spectacular show but a dangerous one.

the weather forecast as of last evening....cool.....aah......words to hope and live for.    Our heat wave has been awful.   But, ending for a few days.   I hesitate to think what August might become this year.....anticipating a hot one;   maybe I'll be wrong...I hope so.

We started our week off with a pizza dinner;    delicious, artichoke on one side, pepperoni for Mike on the other.   Net flick "Shields" continued to amuse us and the fans were working overtime.    Yes, another hot one.   Pat and I watched a movie before Chris and Mike caught up with us.   Shirley McLane and one of the old, but very good actors I cannot remember his name at the moment but Christopher popped into my head, anyway, it was about a cranky old man whose daughter has set him up in an apartment with a 'person' to attend his needs.  His neighbor, Shirley, takes over and sets him on the road to freedom with her antics and ideas.    A bit 'zany' and predictable but fun to watch.

So a new week is here for us to enjoy.   We have things to do as work never ends.   There is always some one thing to demand attention be it inside the house or outside in the yard.    Another box was emptied and a few things added to the apartment which I would say is about full capacity.   I got a new very difficult ;puzzle in the mail from Bob and Andy who delight in keeping me in puzzles that are very challenging.    I don't get mad, but I am thinking of getting even as I am working on one that is very mind boggling and I think they deserve to have it next.  Right now they are busy with the grandchildren visiting for a couple of weeks while their parents have a little fun time.    It sounds like they are having a wonderful time as they play tennis, go for hikes, and go for treats.   I wouldn't mind sharing time with all of them.

So think of someone you can share time with and make your summer days fly by with lots of smiles, hugs and good deeds.    Sharing is caring!!!   Yep, the more you share, the more you care, the more you care the more you share.   Go for it!! Hugs to all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment