Sunday, July 19, 2015

Book

A beautiful Iris reminds me of an instrument waiting to be played. . . notes that stir the heart and soul.

Love this....how true.   

Just like us, we started changing early and continue for a life time;  no wonder the old folks are revered.

A truism.     a perfect show , a blaze of color, sights to see

Sunday, a blessed day, a day to relax or not depending on the mood you are in.    What is it you would like to do today?  Whatever you choose to do be sure you take time out to smell the roses.    Take a walk outside in your garden and if you are lucky a butterfly will be light on your hand.    Take time to take your book outside and read awhile.   Get lost in the pages of a good story.    I would not suggest Patterson who is a fantastic writer but his stories are not relaxing as they keep you on the edge of your seat..  The realism is hard to take sometimes and his latest "Zoo" has the animals running wild, sounding like a bit of everyday events in our world.   A page turner and a possible new movie.    Not recommended for peace and solitude.

It has been to hot to walk out so I tried one of the exercise machines.   It is huge machine to help tighten all the muscles as you pull the handles and the seat goes up and down and stretches all those unused muscles.   I did twenty pulls the first time I tried it and twenty-five yesterday.    Today I hope to make thirty and work my way up to fifty .  We'll see.    I have not joined the exercise group .  They meet once a week and hold on to chairs as the ladies try to keep their muscles going.   It is not an easy job at this age.   My suggestion to you young ones is to exercise more every day so your muscles stay stronger longer.  They are the first to go and can be a total surprise when you cannot use them as you are used to.     It is a tremendous shock when you find you cannot spring up .   My first experience was working out in the garden when I sat down on the ground to move some of my rocks around to make a little wall.    I did fine until I tried to get up and the getting up was not going to happen.    I had to crawl over to the steps to get some help to stand up.  I learned to take a chair with me for future low jobs in the garden.    Someone should have had a movie camera, I would have won a prize on that reality show on TV.
Experience tells every time, so listen.     Be smart, take care of your body and it will take care of you.     Practice with a hug or two, good arm exercise.    Facial muscles need attention too, so smile. . . be good, be patient, be kind, be YOU.  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment