Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Pride

I did hit like on Facebook as I am proud of my children and grandchildren.   They even love me so I did accomplish what I set out to do so many years ago.....made a family....one I wouldn't trade for all the tea in China!

Serenity at its best.   I would need a railing on both sides to go up these steps.   Over grown moss does have a beauty all its own.   Nature has a way with it and we benefit by just walking out. opening or eyes and ears and enjoy spectacular views. 

Buttons, buttons, who has the buttons, . . .  I know a couple of ladies who are button collectors.   I bet they would like to look through this box of buttons.     Diana are you looking?    Diana is the creative lady who can make beautiful gifts and doesn't mind using a button or two to do it.   

A friend in Connecticut sent this picture along.   Ah, the beaches are beautiful and I wouldn't mind taking a walk on this one.
 

I certainly do not have an affinity for languages.    I am reading "Winds of War" to Vinnie and the German names of both the leaders and the places have me tongue tied.    When I cannot pronounce the names I spell them out and Vinnie can't say them either.       Keeping ones mouth shut is priceless and saves a lot of hurt.  A practice we should keep up when the tongue wants to get loose and spout.   Soft spoken words, now that is something to strive for.

Mid week and I am going to treat the ladies to Boon Doggies tacos tonight.    The ladies invited me for a dinner last night that was amazing;   Watermelon soup.   If you haven't tried it, check out the recipe and make it up...delicious.   The halibut with a special dressing was really good and fresh broccoli is always tasty.    Patricia is and has been a great cook;  now becoming a master chef as she loves her new big kitchen and cooking with gas on her new stove brings out a desire to create.  I like being on the receiving end.    I'd like to cook them a meal at my place but the chance of having the fire alarm go off again deters my efforts.    I did boil water for tea but hovered over the pan with a towel in one hand and ready to blow the spiral of smoke away should it get to the boiling point and huff and puff.      Christine offers to buy me a new stove but that wouldn't help as the fire alarm is at the ready with just a thought of a puff of smoke.   I think those that run senior apartments realize that they are pass their cooking days . . . most don't want anything to do with it.    If the alarm keeps going off, I'll join them.   

So today cook up a lovely dinner for yourself and invite a friend or two to join you.    Turn on your listening ears as someone may have had a bad day and needs to vent.   That someone needs a hug and that can change a frown into a smile in seconds.  Some days are like that when everything that can go wrong does.  We have all had them and probably will have them again so we know the feeling of being on the wrong side of the street.    Limber up, go out there a take a walk, keep those arms at the ready and walk into a great a big hug . . . what a boon, what a difference in your day . . . try it, you'll love the feeling of being loved.    Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment