Monday, July 20, 2015

Time Out

Lovely to look at

Delightful to know
and
the only pictures that would come up this morning.   There is a loud voice advertisement on the computer this morning , a loop that someone should do away with.    Ah, computers, how uncomplicated my life would be without one, but . . . one I'd hate to do without as it is my door to all of you .

So a new week starts and we have no idea what it will  hold for us.   Hopefully the weather forecasters know what they are talking about as we have been promised a whole week of cool with possible rain showers.  That sounds like heaven to me.  Yesterday was a scorcher , no way to cool down even with ice cream bars, popsicles  ice water and such.  It was the hot tea that finally equalized the body temperature.  The heat turns up around five o'clock until eight then begins to simmer down.   PBS had some good shows last evening which took my mind off of the heat but then the fan was a big help in keeping me cooled down.   You would think I was the only one in the world having a heat wave, son John tells me it is sweltering in Delaware and the air conditioner is not working.  Imagine the humidity;  yuck . . . Mike has high desert heat to contend with so he probably spent a lot of time in his doughboy pool. So each of you probably have a weather tale to tell.  I just hope you survive the summer heat and stay healthy and happy.

The puzzle is finished, a really beautiful fall scene that took the better part of two weeks to complete.   I was sure pieces were missing, but they were all there.   It is one of the most beautiful puzzles I have done.   A Fall scene with huge trees with yellow and amber leaves all reflected in a pond with one small boat.    All the pieces were there and it is one that should be glued and framed but not by me.   I am boxing it up and returning it to its owner.   Now for an impossible one that Bob and Andrea sent to me last week.  It looks like a mean one and they smiled when they thought this is a 'jean' one;   and they are still smiling now that it has arrived here and gives me something to do . . . a big challenge and delight to put it in order and test my patience to get it all together.    Exasperating, challenging, miserable at times but such FUN in the long run.   Try one if you haven't done a jig saw puzzle in awhile.  A delightful test of your mettle.
 
New days, new ways to find how to make someone you love happy.    Take time to spread a bit of YOU with those you love.   Be a ray of sunshine or a drop of misty rain, whichever makes the heart beat faster.    Think of one good deed you can accomplish and do it.    A visit to a sick friend, a trip to the store for someone who can't shop today, a stop to light a candle for someone in desperate need;  so many reasons why and such a little chore for you to do to make the world a nicer place for someone today.    A call, a visit, or even an e-mail, a loving word from YOU is all that is needed to brighten the day. Go, be a ray of sunshine.   Hugs to all. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment