Thursday, July 30, 2015

Changes



any excuse will do!!

The hedge has been cut down to size back in Rowland Lane, Brookings, Oregon

The new ramp

The new bath tub

The jet boat ride out of Gold Beach, Oregon

John sent pictures of the changes to the old homestead I shared with him for years.    This wonderful son made it easy for me to survive.    We had the house for over fourteen years, and he still owns it but now he is a landlord and his new tenants needed a ramp and wanted a new style bathtub and the end results show in the pictures above.    The ladies have just moved in and I hope they enjoy living in the house and make it a home as it has a comfort zone all its own.  Now the hedge was a pain in the backside and cost lots to keep up, so it is good to see it cut down to size;  if I had my druthers, I'd pull it up and put a good neighbor fence along the property.

Changes are good although I felt a bit sad seeing the changes.   It was a cozy and comfortable home and still is, but changes come about in life and we have to adapt, even if we don't want to, it is a given and we get on with life and make new inroads to our creature comforts.    Things are just things and we can replace, renew and enjoy.    I walked around St. Vincent's yesterday and found a tiny wine bottle holder with little tiny sea creatures  and the bottle of wine I have fits just fine.   I found some placemats for my table as I had only packed two tablecloths and they are really for the holidays.   I even found another glass bobble you put in a vase to keep the flowers straight.  I use it for placing my pencils in it...tidy and no hunting for a pen or pencil when needed.  I have one on my desk and one by the telephone .....try one, I think you will find them handy.  I looked over the books, no, I did not get any.    I am not going to reload.  My tall bookcase is doing double duty these days as it is filled with family pictures, prize possessions and a few books.   

Change . . . it is hard . . . some changes are good for us;  some not so good.    Life goes on and we have to readjust ;  it just takes time.    It takes faith, hope and an open mind to get on and make new inroads to life.    Leaving friends behind is never easy but thanks to the computer it is easy to stay in touch.    All in all, if you find that you have to make a change in your life, go with the flow and do not waste your seconds bemoaning things you cannot change.    Ride the waves on a jet boat and spin around and get wet.  I did that once and it was fun.    So, today get up, go out, find someone to give a bear hug to and share a smile.   Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment