Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Good Morning!

Lovely to look at, more so when they open up.   Reminds me of butterscotch candy or lemon drops, or 'yellow, yellow, kiss a fellow' but I don't remember the rest of that little ditty.

Granddaughter Erin pointing to her dimple . . . happy smile, yes, the first deaf camp was a success.

A lovely Port Orchid sunset taken by Ginny on her way home from work.   The ferry ride must be a calm and peaceful ride from Seattle to Bremerton and then on to the little ferry to Port Orchard.   What a way to unwind after a hard day of work.
 
A new jig saw puzzle arrived in the mail just in time as I finished the big beautiful fall color New England scene.  So beautiful it should have been framed but it went back inn the box and has been given a new home.   This one, a gift from Bob and Andrea, is going to be a classic, a doozy and one that may  take me some time to get done.   It is all plain silver pieces and one of the ladies stopped in and asked me if I had lost my marbles or was trying to.     She does small puzzles and said she would never, ever, attempt one like this.    I invited her to help but she refused.  She expects me to throw in the towel and I might as I have only found a few end pieces that fit together...or do they?    And, I thought Bob and Andrea loved me;  um. . . 

A short reading time with Vinnie today and our lady, Rose, who will be one hundred on  November First, stayed on and listened too.    Vinnie was in a talkative mood, which is no surprise, as he often digresses and relives some of his old Navy days.    I  was at the passage where one battleship officer was talking to another and every other word was a cuss word which put a sparkle in Rose's eyes.    She probably figured I didn't use such language and was surprised that I knew how to pronounce the words.  I was glad it wasn't a steamy love scene to read about or they both would have had stars in their eyes.  No reading today as we all have been invited out to a luncheon in the home of one of a daughter of one of our ladies.  I gather she and her husband have a luncheon twice a year for the folks here at Ridgemont.   Their home is on the water and I hear lovely as is the food they serve.   It will be a treat today and I can blog about it tomorrow. 
 
So, I am off to have some coffee and wake up.  There is nothing good in this house....smile.....well peanut butter toast will taste good.   I have given up on cold cereals as they have lost their flavor or my taste buds have changed.    I'd cook an egg but I am afraid to get that fire alarm sounding off again.  That must have rang for twenty minutes  and although I do like firemen I don't want them coming around to visit early in the day.    Now a big fat jelly donut would do the trick but there is no one knocking at my door with one and I can't buy them or I'd eat them all by myself and really waddle like a duck.    '
 
I hit a key, what key???? How to get back ????  Help!!!   Enough rambling for today;  go, make your seconds count for something;   do the right things . . . smile . . . hug a lot . . . keep someone company;    do not lose your temper . . what temper?  you don't have one...right?    Calm, cool and collected....ah, so she said as she slammed the cover of the computer down....I'll be back and check on you tomorrow.   I hope so as the computer just froze and I went out and back again not knowing if I had lost you...I didn't but I'll say have a wonderful sunshine day and be good to YOU.    Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment