Saturday, August 1, 2015

Out For A Stroll

Our policemen have many duties and being kind and helpful rates at the top of the list.

And Momma said, 'Let's take a walk" and the children disappeared.

This little kitty knew where to go for a hand out....

Hey fellows, take it easy, I know you love me!!

I love those attachments that come in and make one smile.   

Here we have a new month . . . August. . . summer at its best and a last chance for a vacation.    Our heat wave is on and it would be nice to be able to plan time away in  cool spot, but from the sound of things, it isn't cool anywhere.    Someone had a picture of piled up snow on Facebook,  reminding us that heat waves do not last forever . . .smile, so don't despair Mother Nature is quite fickle to say the least.

It is Saturday and one of our ladies found a restaurant in Silverdale that has crepes and other delicacies served in ample proportions and raved about her special breakfast there.   Now I want to go....of course I do and I bet you would come along without a second thought....crepes the size of dinner plates;    German pancakes filled with apples;  sounds good to me.   I hear it is near the big Costco store so I think it would be a good idea to plan breakfast out and a shopping spree too.   Pack your suitcase and you can come along.  We do have some fine dining around here.    I like going to the small towns and checking places out.   In one town they have a bakery that has everything you ever wanted, from elephant ears to sticky buns and all the rest of those good things we yearn for in spite of the calorie content.    Well, I made a stop there the last time we went through this town and I bought a loaf of their special bread, three little iced coffee buns and a treat for Christine who loves those coconut cookies ..to the tune of $16.00, so I wont be shopping there again.   I may have told this tale more than once, it is outrageous in my mind when we 'used to' pay sixty nine cents for a whole dozen or coffee buns and, or, donuts.  I now times have changed, well some changes are not that good.  Once a depression baby, always a depression baby; my salary never got high enough for me to keep up with "the Jones";  come to think of it, I never wanted to . . . I learned to make blueberry pancakes!

So, today do not gripe and groan and moan about things you cannot change;  just change what you don't like to your own satisfaction.  Find out what makes you tick.     Don't waste your seconds as they are much to important to cast off to the winds.    Spend your seconds living your life to the fullest which brings us back to finding the kind of life that is best for you and makes your world a better place.    Sharing, caring, good deeds,  kindness,  or me, me, me...the choice is yours.  Someone you know needs a hug today, be a puzzle solver and find out who.   Open up those arms and that someone will walk right in and you will be singing 'love is in the air...'  la, la, la.    Hugs to all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment