Sunday, August 30, 2015

Glimpse

An attachment came in some time back with pictures of beautiful and exotic trees.  I think I showed several, this one included, in an old blog , but looking at them again made me want to show one of the determined to grow old ones.   It is a beauty, like an abstract painting and if you look closely there are animals and people to make you smile.

Hey there Joseph, my adopted great grandson who is having a ball tearing paper.   Looks like fun to me.  He sure is a handsome little guy and knows how to keep the adults in his life very busy chasing after him.   Heading for the terrible twos.

Here is our Emma.    She is such a love and needs plenty of it.   

the forerunner of depends.   

Ha, ha,   I say bear hugs are good for you.   This guy believes in taking it up a notch or two.   
Sunday morning and it is very quiet around here.   We had rain and wind yesterday and it felt so good.   Pat brought some of her fresh garden tomatoes over to Christine last evening and we made good use of them.   I haven't had a BLT in quite some time and enjoyed every bite.   Christine found some special thick bacon that cooked up just right.   Did you know that if you put a few drops of water in the pan when cooking bacon it doesn't shrink.   Works great.

Just when you think you know everything you need to know, something comes along to surprise you.   I had a loaf of rye bread in the refrigerator and when I went to get a slice to toast, I found the bread was all wet.   I have never had that happen before;  condensation inside of the plastic covering.  I toasted a slice and it tasted okay but I'm not sure if it is good to eat since my daughter said to throw it away.    So I did and now I have to go shopping for some new bread and this time I think I'll buy some tinfoil to wrap it in.    The refrigerator seems to be working fine.  Everything is staying cold, but soggy bread...I don't think so.

As you know over the years we hear that this or that is not good for you to eat.  Things that always tasted good and you enjoyed are now on the list of what makes you fat.   I watched a video , a lady doctor, who says you can get skinny by eating right and she named five things we should never eat.  Some I agree with, some are strange as we used the products all of our life.   The number one was no juices as they are full of sugar;  no processed foods as they are full of chemicals;   margarine which I have had all of my life time is not good for the body but butter is okay.   Whole wheat bread which we were told was good for the body is not, according to her, and we should eat the grain breads.    But what grains and where do they come from?    Green tea is good, but coffee was not mentioned.  She probably has a morning latte.   No soy or tofu or corn which is GM modified these days.    So for forty-nine dollars she will let you join her club and send you the recipes.    I think not.   I seem  to be doing  very good eating all the wrong things.

So today, enjoy your snacks.    Take yourself out to lunch and have something decadent.    Top it off with an ice cream cone or a banana split if you have room for it.    I am off to grocery shop  and pick and choose some of the things I love to eat.    I think I'll buy some bacon, which is supposedly very bad for you, and make myself another blt and add a slice of cucumber or a pickle or both.   You choose and enjoy your lunch.  Invite a family member or a friend to join you as it makes it more fun. 

Be YOU today and keep sharing all the good deeds you have in mind.    Don't forget the bear hugs , but be careful where you aim, you don't want to be thought of as being 'fresh'...smile.....pucker up and give someone you love a peck on the cheek and take time to call someone you love and tell them so.  We really are never alone unless we choose to be.   There is always some one person, we know and love, who is waiting patiently for a call or a visit.   Someone who could use a 'pick me up' and smile the rest of today.    Make your seconds count today.   Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment