Friday, August 14, 2015

Statues



The above pictures came in on an attachment yesterday with a lot more showing folks having fun with the statues they met up with.    Looks like they had a lot of fun.   They are all London News photos.    Some folks had a fun time.


Yesterday was one of 'those' days.   My brain just didn't want to work.    It was hot, stayed hot, which made it a down day to finish my book, do a bit of puzzle, entertain a few drop ins and  write a little. . . a fun day for me.    We had chili and corn bread for lunch and Vinnie came with his book so we read for an hour.    Aggie came bye to return one of my books and took another and was back later to return it.  I thought she just didn't want to read it but she said she looked at page one and sat down and read the entire book and couldn't put it down.   Well she wanted a book about the depression  years and that is one for sure. 

My mail box held one piece of mail;  a bank statement;   so you know I had to balance my check book.  Of course it didn't balance and I couldn't find anything wrong in the current page so went back and found two errors, one a few cents, the other a few dollars in my favor.   I am going to have to take more time in keeping my check book up.;   I just think I am doing it right but the old adage of 'haste makes waste' is a truism and we pay a price when we don't pay full attention to what we are doing.    I think the older one gets, the bad habits rush to the forefront and we pay a price in having to resolve the mysteries when we stop and take a good look at our actions for a day, a week or a month.    Just because "I used to"  doesn't mean I still can . . . oh I  still can. . . but. . . the senior years bare watching as we just don't do things like we 'used to'. . .
 
So, today make a wise decision and start checking yourself twice so you don't have to spend your seconds trying to balance your checkbook;  if you still write checks.  I think the banks would love to do away with all checks and have you use cards which are so much easier to deal with ....but....until they resolve the spammers and wheeler dealers I am writing checks. 
 
Time to love you and leave you for today.    Go and find someone to love today.    Check your 'to-do' list and pick up a little treat for that someone who is shut in.   Find a moment or two to drop in with a hug and a smile.   You certainly will feel better and you know that one person will shine for the day.    It is a 'sin' to be selfish, so give a little of YOU today and watch your world spin in circles of pure joy .  Hugs to all.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment