Wednesday, August 26, 2015

More or Less

And the fires rage on.   

I might enjoy a Kindell, or Kindle, not sure of the spelling.  Those that have them swear by them and you can change the print and get the latest books . . .but . . . I can't afford one and doubt if I could I would buy one. . . . there is something about curling up with a good book that stays with you and the journey within the covers is priceless.    Right now I am in the midst of a huge adventure called "Dragons" , 

What a beautiful picture.   There are many scenes like this in Ireland where they breed some of the best horses in the world.    I am sure we have many horse farms right here that would do them justice.    It would be fun to hang out on this fence and feed a little sugar cube to this beauty.    The softness of morning. .. . ah!

One of the great things about getting older is that you can go at a much slower pace and get away with it.   After a life time of hustle and  bustle , rushing to and fro, and waiting on everyone from family to friends, you can sleep in as long as you please . . . that is something I have yet to learn as my body clock says four a.m. is the right time to get up, but, I can snooze in my chair if I want to during the day if I have nothing pressing to do.    Getting dressed before ten a.m. is more of the general rule and sweats are a god-send.   If I am going to go out to shop or spend time with my daughters, they tell me the time and place and I put my shoes on .   Otherwise the shoes stay off as feet love the freedom from being confined.   We have one lady here at Ridgemont who has bad feet and cannot wear shoes for long.   She comes up to the dining room every day with the most colorful socks you can imagine.   She must buy the ones with stripes under foot so she can walk without slipping.   I may take a page out of her book, as my feet are very unhappy confined in SAS old lady tie shoes.    Big feet, long fellows, may be okay as you can still walk about, but those bunions and corns and all that good stuff plague you during your life span if you have not taken good care of your feet.   Pay attention, it is one of  'those' tiny lectures you skip over and then comes the day you wish you had paid more attention.    Is that lecture twenty?    I think so.

It is Hump Day, we all love hump day as we have gotten over Monday and are almost caught up with ourselves.   Get busy and finish up those projects and plan a few special things to do before the weekend comes back again.    Granddaughter Erin leaves us on Saturday so we are in no hurry for it to get here.    What a blessing she is, such fun to have close by.   I couldn't make the lemon pancake breakfast she fixed yesterday morning, but she brought me over a plate which I had this morning and those lemon pancakes are really delicious along with the raspberries  and special sausage.   I had a delicious breakfast and all I had to do was reheat it in the toaster oven . . . which doesn't seem to send messages to the fire alarm.

I hope you are lucky enough to have children and grandchildren and have taught them how to love one another and how to enjoy the fruits of labor.    The examples we set are far reaching so be sure you set a good example every day, along with that good deed or two and those meaningful hugs that tell those around you just how much you do care.    Caring and sharing, two great words to live by.     So, set an example today and see how much cheer you can spread and for heavens sake, don't be afraid of a big bear hug . . . they are the best!    Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment