Friday, August 7, 2015

Different

He loves me;  He loves me not:    take a deep breath and find out.   The magic of the beginning dandelion.

I had not even given thought to the ladies who have served in our military.    What wonderful creatures they are.   How much they have given and how much they need to be honored.

How true as we know how much our hearts hold.   We do have so much to be grateful for.  

A dream catcher photo of an Oak Tree that has become the King of the Forest in a mossy woodland.  Strange, eerie, beautiful and one of nature's wonders. . with a little help ...is that a goatee or his tongue.?  

Here it is Friday already and a new weekend to think about.    It is laundry day for me  and that keeps me busy for an hour or two.    The ladies play Bingo on Fridays but that is not one of my favorite games.  Daughter Christine says it is like watching paint dry.   I stop to say hello and find out who is winning those nickels.  I think each one has had a turn.    They also play a card game called "Thirty-nine" and I have no idea what it is.   My mind is not very good when it comes to figures.  I used to love to play pinochle and got in trouble many a time for trumping my partner's ACE. . . I also played a lot of cribbage but , again, the mind is not very good with figures.    I am just not competitive enough for all those games.   Now give me a thousand piece jig saw puzzle and I get to put the pieces in order....ah, right up my alley.    Speaking of jig saw puzzles, that mystery one on Pat's dining room table is coming along really well.    We have not solved the mystery but it has been fun trying to find the clues.   Pat will probably get it finished today and we will have to hunt up another puzzle or two to start all over again.  
 
We had a book exchange day at the dining room yesterday.   There is one constant table of three men and one lady who never change their space.   They have asked me about being a writer and what kind of a book did I write and all of that good stuff.   Yesterday I returned a few of the books from the upstairs library and brought one of my books, "Decades" for the lady to read and pass on to the others if they were interested.   It will be interesting to hear the critique.  
 
Newsweek has come out with a special magazine called "Amazing Miracles" which tells unbelievable stories of survival, hope and heroism with a forward by Captain "sully" Sullenberger.  It was very interesting rereading the front page stories as they once happened.    Amazing how we pull together in a time of tragedy.    I will return it to Don today and he can pass it on to others who are interested in reading it.   It is well done but sends shivers up your spine for the kinds of events that have happened to shake our world.
 
So, get ready for a relaxing weekend and do all those things you love to do when you have 'down' time;   some never have 'down' time as there is always chores waiting that have been put off during the week and have to be done sooner or later.   They just do not do them all by themselves and wait for your busy hands to wrap things up and store them away.    Enjoy the challenges of making things neat and tidy as there will come a day when you will be a bit slower, a bit more ready to let someone else take over, although you just don't see it coming and when it does the surprise will open your eyes to a new and different 'down' time.    It isn't at all 'bad', just 'different'.    So be Katrina the Great this weekend and make things shine, like the love in your eyes and the strength in your hugs. . .just be sure to share them.   Hugs to all. 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment