Monday, August 10, 2015

Fairies

The big book sale at the Gallery yesterday, I haven't heard if they all found new homes.    There was some very good old reads.   It was a beautiful day to be out and about and the old cars drew a good crowd.  

In Brookings the little fairies were out on the boardwalk dancing and cavorting about.  Malea  is such a wonderful mother as she introduces her daughters to all kinds of fun and interesting challenges.   They will grow up to be strong independent women and have a head and heart full of great memories.    The girls grandmother posted a picture of Malea and her sister doing a like fairy dance when they were small.   Some things do not change and that is a good thing.   How nice to see traditions carried on.

Our Angie went to a quilt show.   She is so good about taking pictures and here is the winner.   Wow!!  That is beautiful and  so different.   A lot of work went into that quilt.    Someone knew how to quilt.

Another Angie suggestion on how to cook some of that salmon that was caught.  Wonder what it tastes like.   I love the salmon Jock does on the grill with a rub he makes up on his own.    He is off antelope hunting this week;  wonder what antelope taste like;  don't think I want o know.   Good luck Jock, happy travels.

A new week, seems I say that often.   Time does fly whether you are having fun or not.    My  Sunday was a quiet one and I set up a new puzzle on the board.   It is one of those mystery puzzles with lot of crazies cavorting around.   The picture on the box and the colors of the pieces sure don't match.   Right now I am looking for the end pieces to set the frame.   If you find you have spare time, you know that I always appreciate any help I can get now that I've reached a ripe old age.    Speaking of salmon, we had it for our dinner yesterday and it was delicious;  the crème pie wasn't bad either.   See, I do have something good to say about institution type food , every now and then.    I sit with a lovely very silent lady every week.  I love to draw her out and get her to talk.    She doesn't seem to mingle or mix and she loves to eat.   She just blesses her food and digs right in without any comments good or bad about the food she is eating.   She did tell me she doesn't cook anymore, but warms her left overs up.   I told her I had made blueberry pancakes for my breakfast and  she said she loved them.  I told her I would invite her for breakfast when I made them again and she agreed to come.   Wow....I am making headway.  

I notice on the weekends we do not have as many come up for dinner.   Most go off with family or friends or off to church and enjoy a breakfast out.    I read to Vinnie for awhile but two folks came to talk and not listen so I didn't read long.   I think they would like to join us but for whatever reason they do not.    Maybe they are getting their courage up, time will tell.

I am off to have my coffee and wake up.    I wonder if you find Mondays  slow, maybe it is just me as I still remain in a weekend mode and am not anxious to get going....at the moment.....I do have some shopping to do today and find some of the things I got rid of are now in demand.   A band aid for instance;   a tooth pick, or a decent glass to drink water out of.   So easy to discard  until you find you need or want one.    Better take a look around and see how your supplies are holding up.   Make a list, check it twice and then be smart and go for refills.    Stop for lunch, treat yourself to something you have been thinking you would like to have.....maybe some Lo Mein at Chans in Brookings . . . I'd like some of that.    I am still looking for a favorite restaurant here.    So, get up, get going and make your new week special.   Remember to pass forward as the new expression goes;  or share which the old expression told.    Someone needs a hug, a smile and a kind word today, maybe more than one, but YOU are up to it .....Share YOU today.    Hugs to all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment