Wednesday, August 19, 2015

TRUISMS

A truism.    So many have gone before us and there is not one day that we do not think about them.   We find them in our hearts ready to let loose when a memory jogs our brain.   We laugh and remember and we wouldn't trade the memories for all the tea in China.   


Now that is an idea.  I don't have one of those buttons but now that I know what they really are for, maybe  I'll order one.
I do know if I cook on this stove I can get the alarm to go off and alert the fire station but so far no handsome firemen have come to my door;  just the person on duty to check to see if it is a real fire or not, and she is older than I am.. 

A sign we should have made to put up on our wall.   

Minnie sent this picture in about the Idaho fires.   There are so many all over the west coast;   That Soda Fire was one of the worst.  I hope the men have had a chance to get it under control.   So many folks have lost everything.  Say a prayer for strength and courage for them to rebuild and start over.   Help when and where you can.

I told you about the decorations for the Tea the other day and Chris sent me a photo today...so here is that little hat box I told you about and yes, the chocolates are all gone....you knew I wouldn't  save any.   What do you mean my cheeks look a bit wider.  I have always had a 'pie' face.
 
After a little tag playing, I finally got picked up by Pat to be at her house at six thirty a.m. to dog sit, Emma, and we did pass Christine on her way over to pick me up....we are so good about computer communication.   We don't think to recheck after one conversation and that is a big mistake as the last message usually has the real plan for the day.    We hooked up finally and the girls left.  Emma wasn't sure I'd be fun but she learned that I can throw the ball and I can play tug of war with her and her best toy.   We had several walks around the back yard, never did get very far but the breeze was blowing and it was lovely outside.    I was amazed at how many tomatoes Pat has on her vines.   The plums are falling out of the tree and she has an apple on her apple tree.   Her flowers are beautiful and there are a couple of roses that are lovely too.   She has a green thumb and seems to enjoy being a gardener.  

They came home earlier than planned as they hit the right ferry time.   I left Pat with a 1,500 piece of puzzle on  her table, one way to be assured of an invitation....smile.    I went to Christine's home and did a few hours of filing history.  There are many pieces of writing from old timers telling tales about relatives who help to make Sydney become Port Orchard.    The taming of the water front, the start of the Navel Base in Bremerton, the tales of no roads and using the water to travel to and from.    The mosquito fleet it was called.   Port Orchard is about to celebrate its 125 Anniversary  soon.   I was rewarded with dinner out and I had a Cascadia that was delicious.  I could only eat half of it , huge, so I shared it with one of my homebound ladies.  It is so nice to be treated, look Ma, no cooking, no making the alarm go off....I just haven't lived that down.

So today find some local books on  the history of your town.   Sit and read and let the tales take you back when it was truly horse and buggy days.   Enjoy the exploits and the courage and stamina of all of our old timers.   They had courage and were true to their convictions.   Making a new life in a new country with little or nothing has to prove to us that those folks were someone to be proud of and how lucky they passed those genes on to us.    We have a few tales to leave for the new generation.   Wonder if they will take time out to read about us. But, whether you follow your history or not, be sure you start off with a smile today.    Put one foot in front of the other and do something wonderful; a good deed first, a kind word added, and oh, a hug....a big walk in hug to make YOU feel good.  

Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment