Monday, August 3, 2015

Good morning!

Something to think about. . . horrific and sad news out of Planned Parenthood and the sale of  fetal body parts.   mans inhumanity to man.   Debate can go on forever but the fault lies with those that act first and then try to think of an easy way out...for who...not the child they created.   

noisy lazy sunbathers up in the Newport, Oregon area.

Amen to that comment.   Serenity at its best.  You can hear the roar of the water.

The start of a new week and the heat goes on but it didn't stop us from cooking up some halibut which is always delicious, and the salad was filled with raspberries for a change.   I made some homemade biscuits for the  big beautiful strawberries and it felt good to be in a working kitchen.  I had to laugh out loud as Pat's alarm went off, not from my baking but from something she did that created instant smoke.  Chris was at the ready with a towel shaking it in the air so the alarm didn't last long.  Makes me wonder if they are making the alarms a bit more sensitive.  It is nice to know the alarms work but wish they were not so sensitive.    They sure get your attention.    Pat has a mystery puzzle on the table and it was fun to sort the pieces and find a few.

 I am sorry to say I put the all silver puzzle away.  I have to admit it is more than I can or want to do.   It was a challenge and I gave it two weeks but wading through a thousand pieces of sameness ceased to be fun for me.   Bob, you are the champion of puzzle making and I salute you.    I will send it on to my son John who will devour it in a short time I think, if not I'll let you know.   I had one other puzzle I could not get to work out so my list grows.    Sad, as I have done many that were a challenge but nothing like the one color sameness. 
 
Here, at Ridgeway, our Rose is having a hard time walking.   She made it up to the dining area for several days, then she began to come later and later so we knew something had changed for this lady who will be one hundred in October.  I went to visit her and found she had very swollen legs so walking was not easy.   She did talk with the manager and she could have her dinner brought to her so I have been taking it to her each day and spending a little visiting time.    I made mention of it yesterday at our dinner time and later several folks stopped in to say hello to her.   It is very lonely for her and depression sets in easily so there were a few good deed folks around yesterday.  It is sad as this is not a facility where you can stay if you are not able to take care of yourself.    The next step is to an assisted living place and that doubles or triples the expense.  If you don't have it, you cannot go there, the question is where can you go?    So the reason I am bringing this up is to make you aware of the road you are on in life.    You need to think ahead and save and plan for the day you will reach the so called 'golden years' and know that it takes a lot of hard earned money to survive.    I know, it seems like it is a very long way off before you have to think of those kinds of things, but listen carefully as time goes by much faster than you think and you want to be sure you protect yourself and live life out with a peaceful mind.    Be a girl or boy scout and 'be prepared.'
 
Know someone you know is in need of a helping hand....do your best to help alleviate the loneliness,  the fear, the anxiety , the need of some one person to care.  Remember what goes around comes around.    Be a boy scout or a girls scout today and make someone smile.     Go....you do such a good job of it.     Bear hugs, kisses....um......never hurt anyone.   Go....be YOU.  Hugs to all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment