Sunday, August 9, 2015

Sunday Morning . . AH!!

I just added 1200 calories as I made blueberry pancakes for my breakfast and did not set off the smoke alarm this morning. 

If you are looking for a project to do;  how abut making a walk into your garden just like this.  Some one is very clever and talented.

who needs to go to school....the printing is good.   I think this is called sound and spell.  Fresh grown vegetables are good for the body  no matter how you spell them.

A beautiful Heron on the Verde River close by where the Cliff dwellings are in Arizona.  One of the sights Andrea and her neighbor Kathy saw along their little rafting trip.

So many ways to spend a day.  Sunday is always special as it is a rest day for most folks.   The party or event room is next to my apartment door so I hear all that goes on and sometimes attend an event there.   On Sunday morning a pastor from one of the churches comes with his guitar and a few ladies sing a hymn or two as he strums the guitar and then speaks a few words of hope and love.   His good deed for the day as he makes several rounds of the senior residences in this area.   You would be amazed how much Port Orchard has to offer the elderly as they progress along their journey to the Garden Gate.   Pottery Avenue is lined with many such places as well as an area with many different type of medical facilities.   An entire area seems to be laid out for the senior residents.  The sad fact is that it is very expensive.   I guess nothing comes cheap these days.   

Some old friends caught up with me this week and it was so nice to have a telephone visit.    My friend Helen is a couple of years behind me in age.   She is beginning to feel that her energies has taken off on vacation and left her behind.    It really is amazing to follow the changes as you age.   You young ones have no idea how right the experts are in telling everyone to eat a good balanced diet and exercise.   the body loves attention, so give it a lot, then when you reach retirement age you will be in shape to travel, to do the things you worked so hard for.   Faith in that you will live a long healthy life.   Hope that you will have places to go and things to do, and using a lot of that love you have stored for a better time....waste not a second, enjoy each day everyday and when retirement age comes along smile and go for it with gusto.  With age comes wisdom...for some....others have to find out the hard way.    Take stock and start now to change your bad habits into good ones.

Okay, I'm off.    I have some new puzzles which I picked up at the rummage store yesterday.   I also stopped off at the Gallery for the annual book sale and bought a couple of books I had not read.   I donated my collection books to Christine and she donated them to the sale.  It was hard to leave them behind.    The Godfather series;   The Clan of the Cave Bear series with one an autographed copy by the  author.   The new modern Kindle has all but made books obsolete but there are those of us who still like to hold a book in our hands.    I rescued my book given to me by a Russian librarian when I worked for the Department of Commerce in Springfield, Va. many years ago.    I had a chance to exchange words with the librarians from the Russian Embassy and they appreciated the welcome and the teasing.   Isn't that what the receptionist job is all about?, besides, he had written in the fly leaf a nice comment to me;  how could I give it up.

Spend you day having some fun.    Lighten up and make hay while the sun shines.    If you meet someone in need of a hug, don't hesitate, open up those arms and let them walk right in.   Hang on tight, it might be the only touch they will have today.    It may be the only touch you have today so make good use of it.    Go be useful, it is good for you.  Hugs to all..  

No comments:

Post a Comment