Wednesday, August 12, 2015

words

If wishes were horses beggars would ride.    It would be nice if we had a $5,000 boon, but don't hold your breath.

Now this you can do.

A truism

Erin and Mason know I do think about you every day.  

Good morning.   Up at three thirty this morning;  no reason why;  just happens.   Coffee taste very good at that time as you sip and think and listen to silence.   Not a soul moving about and an orange moon so there must be big fires in the area.   We had a blue moon this month, now orange, but yellow is more to our liking as it means the man in the moon is happy.

When Pat and I were in Brookings we used to go to the bowling alley for their hamburger, which was the best in town.  For one reason or another they closed down and we were sad, not only for losing our special hamburger but one of the best clam chowders around.   We took to making them at home and that was all right, not the same but better than nothing.   Doris, our baking lady who makes cookies and breakfast buns , you gain weight just looking at them, told us that the bowling alley here in Port Orchard had very good food.   Yesterday, I took Pat out to lunch for all her good deeds.   We went to the bowling alley and I have to tell you we have found, or should I say  rediscovered, our mushroom hamburger....that's what it is called,   Oh my, delicious doesn't even cover it and the onion rings have real big pieces of onions that you fan taste . . . we figure once  a month would be added to our lunch out calendar.

Key West, Florida . . . Looks like a good place to have an early morning walk.   A really beautiful sunrise.  As the night ends the day begins and we have seconds to use up wisely.   

Today is a trip day and I am going off on a bus with some of my fellow seniors.  We are not going far, but we are going out and that is always fun.    I haven't been on one of the trips to another small town but today is a good day to find out what it is like.   I am off to put my shoes on and then out the door.   I'll have something to blog about tomorrow.   Meanwhile, if you are going out your door, make sure you take your smile with you and meet and greet your fellow man as if they were your very best friends on this earth.    Open up those arms and walk into a hug...one of those big bear ones....um...wonder if I can find someone around here to give me a hug....bet I can find one or two as needy as I am.    Hugs are special...just like YOU....Hugs to all.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment