Monday, January 5, 2015

WOW!!!

Look what I caught.

Jock and his neighbor.

It is cold out there on the river bank but that didn't stop Jock's neighbor boy from wanting to learn how to fish.   He dressed  warm and braved the cold dark morning and off they went up river.   Did he learn to fish??   Yeah!!!  He not only caught one but three fish and Jock is so proud of him.    I think this youngster is a bit proud of himself and he ought to be.  

Jock is a 'good guy', one who does a good deed every day.  He has no trouble giving a class to youngsters on shooting a rifle or a gun.   He imparts his knowledge as easy as passing out a 'big hunk' candy bar.    A man of principal, a man of honor  and I might add a great chef.   I hope he caught a fish as I'm about ready for one of those grilled salmon dinners .  I'll bring desert.

Nope, I didn't forget, even thought you might want me to, but a calendar of words cannot go unused.   I learn something every  day and I probably won't remember all that I learn but at the moment my brain is in gear and the word for this Monday is 'Noachian" relating tot he patriarch Noah or his time.  Ancient, antiquated.   Wonder why it sounds so good and so familiar...must have something to do with my age...yep!!  Antiquated.

"The Nouchian  (different spelling) flood has counterparts in Greek and Hindu civilizations. .  . as well as the ancient Mesopotamian Epic of Gilgamesh."  (I didn't  understand much of those words...did you?)    Students of the Old Testament know that Noah survived the Great Flood by stowing himself, his family, and two of every  creature on his ark.  "Noachian" is derived from the Hebrew name for Noah, Modern contexts more humorously described as a torrential rainstorm.  So next time it rains, go on line and tell the folks about the 'Noachian".

Put on your rain coat, carry an umbrella, don't forget the galoshes and get ready for  your first good deed of the week.  Make it a good one.    If you have warmth and sunshine then forget all about it and put on your bikini.   Make your seconds sparkle.  Hugs to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment