Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Trees and a Bridge

Now how far does little guy think he is going to get !!   It may surprise us all.

this is a Jabutacaba Tree, luscious berries, wonder what the folks make of them...wine?   jam?  Jelly?  or maybe they are just a feast for the birds and the bees.  beauties though.

Noe this is a tree within a tree within a tree...wow....look at that base.    

How true and most laborers are happy to be working and making a living supporting themselves and their families.   I admire the steel workers.   Their work has to be difficult and a bit perilous to boot.   I think the cement workers are fabulous and do such artistic work , but the carpenters have to get first prize for the work they do both in building new and in repairing old.  Not an easy job but one that does bring a lot of satisfaction to the worker and the recipient.   I'd like to have one of those handy men around here.  I have lots of honey do items on my list .

A bridge over the Columbia River up there in Astoria, Oregon.  Patricia and I have gone over it many times.  The iron workers did a fantastic job building this bridge many years ago.    It goes from Oregon to Washington State and is is a bit awesome on the first  ride over.   
Another outing at Lone Ranch Beach with Patricia, Erin and Emma.   Poor Emma was all excited about a run on the beach but the tide was coming in and the waves were huge, high, thunderous and left no beach to run on.   I did get my walk around the pathway and noticed some of the little buds were out on the weed plants, a sign of early spring I think.    There were sights to see as I rounded the corner and was amazed by the sight of driftwood that piled way back on the beach and was huge. I have never seen so many really  big trees on the beach.  There is a river that runs into the beach so there had to have been a huge storm to bring that many huge trees down to the ocean.   It just shows me how strong the ocean currents are.   Erin took some pictures so hopefully she will share and I will show you them.

Jock had come in the evening before with a big chunk of freshly caught salmon which he cooks on the grill.  He had a new marinade this time and the ladies said it was excellent.  I missed out as I had worn my self out pushing the couch from one end of the living room to the other.   I think it is the last time, what a woose I am becoming   Katrina the Great where did you go?  Erin hooked up the CD player which she had all through college and was going to put it in the yard sale, but now it is mine . . . and I played some of the Fifties music which brought out a smile or to and a few memories as well.    

Mid week . . . Hump day. . . how did it get here so fast ?    Erin is leaving us on Friday, that's why. . . I took her to the Tea Room for lunch and we shared two deserts because we couldn't make our minds up as to which one was first on our list.   One huge piece of coconut cream pie and a double double strawberry short cake...three forks got busy in a hurry;  even the spoon came in handy to 'lick the plate'. . . I'm surprised one of us didn't lick the plate...yum.!!

A trip around the Antique Mall was a life saver as it gave us exercise.   The booths all had sales, a couple empty and some priced much too high for some of the items that really are not antiques.   I saw one stein that looked interesting but the price wasn't  yard sale price so it stayed behind.  There was one table that sold for six thousand dollars.  I wish you could see it.  I didn't have the camera with me and I wish I did.   It was magnificent and I have no idea who bought it as there was a sold sign on it but it was much like a large entrance table in a very rich home.   Very ornate, graceful legs, very tall and shaped much like a violin but more rounded in areas.   The colors were bright  and beautiful, almost like a country scene.  Sort of French style I would think.   I wouldn't want to be the one who scratched it or laid a cup of coffee on it...smile.

As for the State of the Union address, there was no way to avoid it, caught some and am always amazed how the representatives can listen to a campaign speech and applaud knowing that all is not what is being touted.   The slowest economy comeback in history;   millions out of work;   more promises to put them to work road building, fast trains and all that rhetoric we have heard before.  The excuse for not closing our borders was a doozy.   Okay, enough, you probably heard it all and formed your own opinions.    The President said his wife Michelle would be happy  to have him leave office . . . she's not alone.

Go...have some fun today....do something you really like to do....like call a friend . . . take someone out for a latte . . . stop and get a hug and give one back. . .just be good, kind, gentle and patient ...not easy to do sometimes, but YOU can do it.    Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment