Thursday, January 15, 2015

Hints


Next time you want to make stuffed peppers and have them stand up straight while cooking, use a cupcake tin....simple when  you know. 


I never knew this.  I guess I'll have to start testing the eggs and see if  Fred Meyer stores are  selling fresh eggs these days.

Now this is useful to know.   Sure saves a lot of frustration.


Ha,ha,  I thought it said something about shopping at Costco.


I keep hoping to win a big one and if I do........ 
Good morning.   I am awake, or at least I am working on it.   My coffee next to me, so nothing to complain about;  well, maybe I'll think of something.   My first e-mail was from a computer friend who sent glowing words which puffed up my ego . . . a good deed, as I could use a few words of praise or complaint now and then.  I sometimes think I am so repetitious and that I become boring but I know you, my friends, are still checking in and enjoying the blog so I'll try harder to make you laugh and cry.   My friend is walking along a path of pain as her husband has Alzheimer disease and she struggles on a daily basis to cope with all the problems that go along with it.  How terribly sad to watch your partner in life lose his, or her,  ability to know and love  you after  so many years  together and a life time of memories you cannot share.  Pray for all of these folks and for a magic cure for all those diseases that rob a person of life.

I did go to the get acquainted meeting of the workshop Shirley and Angela are heading.   There were two gentlemen and three ladies who came .   I had an immediate flash back to leading the writers group for a few years and the two ladies were part of that group.   They have some great ideas to help these folks who have yet to take a pen in hand.  They have the desire to write, now they will take a short hike along a road to learn a lot about how to get started.   The consensus of opinion is the thousands of words locked in the brain and the desire to tell tales about their life, or their desire to tell a tale that has never been told.  I enjoyed the meeting and the folks that came.   A tale could be written just about the differences in personalities.

I wish I had seen the new calendar word for today so I could have shared it with them.  the word is "feuilleton" meaning a story printed in installments.  The history says it can mean 'a part of a European newspaper or magazine devoted to material designed to entertain the general reader," and originated in French newspapers as a supplement sectioned out from the main stories.    A little bit like the recent horrible event that just took place at the newspaper there in Paris when they used a political cartoon that brought about a reaction from the terrorists.

So make your Thursday memorable.   Get the good deed done and over so  you can catch up with your chores and then have the afternoon to do with as  you please.    Call a family member to say you care; call a friend to say you are wanting some time with them;   pass out a hugs like candy bars and kiss the cook who spends time and energy making a terrific meal just for you.    Hugs to all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment