Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Light and Smart

that is a truism.     


I always thought I'd like to have the rainbow end at my house .  I could use a pot of gold.   Not sure now that I've seen this. 


We, or should I say I complain about food prices all the time.   I just don't like to be taken.   But I just found out that for six eggs it cost $4.50 i n Tokyo so I guess I have to stop complaining as things can get a lot worse.   Inflation...ugh! 

Don't we all.   Doesn't work very well either.   

This made me smile.   I can hear myself saying those words in my life time.  Those "jean" dishes didn't always come out the way I intended.

Tuesday has a nice ring to it.   What are you up to today?   Hope something fun after you get your chores done.   Tuesday is dusting day around here.  I don't want the dust kitties to get ahead of me.   I do find that down sizing is a boon as I have a lot less to dust.  I should have thought to do that years ago.   I do miss the trinkets though, some of the beauty has disappeared as the sunlight cannot find those beautiful colorful vases to shine through and reflect on the walls.   I would have used the new word for the day which is 'dolorous' but couldn't fit it in.  It means expressing misery or grief.   A good word to know and forget.  According to the history it was first used in the 1400's.  It was linked to physical pain.     You must be sighing by now as I've only covered thirteen  new words  and have a way to go.    And,  yes I have already forgotten those I've told you about.   I have so much in the brain I can't retain any new words, although I found addlepated fun to say.

I just want you to know I finished the fourth Clive Cussler adventure book, and each one was a good read.   I am now going to open the third book  of Ken Follett's Century Trilogy called "Edge of  Eternity".   There are over a thousand pages so I'll be awhile.    The book is so heavy I can hardly hold it.   This will have to be one of those sit at the table with a rolled towel under the book to lift it up so I can read in comfort.  It will make a good exercise tool as well.   The title made me think of all that is going on in our world today . . . are we at the edge of eternity? . . . a global war . . . fanatics ready to try and take over the world to suit their philosophy of ugliness and dominance.   Our president born and brought up a Muslim and  afraid to take a step to protect our country .  We will remember our history and when and if the time comes to defend ourselves , we will find the way.    As the old adage goes. . .'we live in high hope, and die in despair';  Let us hope that we band together as the French citizens did and show our strength and our commitment to living our lives  free.
Say a prayer, be good, be kind and be generous.   Hug a friend.   Tell a family member how proud you are of them.   Don't forget one good deed deserves another.   Hope you are on the receiving end today.   Hugs to all.

PS computer problems  in and out today...oh well!!!  I did get on, hope you enjoy the blog today.

No comments:

Post a Comment