Thursday, January 22, 2015

History Bits

Judy Dench, a wonderful English Actress who is so talented.

Something we must all do as so many of our servicemen  and women are suffering through no fault of their own.

the first Walmart.  I didn't know it started out as a five and ten cent store.   Baby , look at the now.

The first atomic bomb.  Now we are threaten as Iran tries to perfect the bomb.

Celebrating the end of prohibition.   Happy faces.

Testing the first bullet proof jacket.   

Hitler's buzz bomb over England in World War II.

The building of the San Francisco Bay Bridge....1923
I had an attachment  come in last evening with loads of history pictures.   Some I had never seen.  We have come a long way as history attests.   Wonder what the pictures will be like in another few hundred years.  Just think of all those new gadgets being passe.   We have all heard that 'history has a way of repeating itself'' , wonder what will be repeated for this next generation.   The atomic age;  that is scary.   Maybe it will "stultify" 1. to cause to appear or be stupid, foolish, or absurdly illogical.  2.  to impair, invalidate, or make ineffective: negate *to have a dulling or inhibiting effect . . . the word for today   The history:  "Stupid or absurd behavior , unsound minds not responsible for your acts. Rendering someone or something useless or ineffective.   Maybe someone will be bright enough to stultify and think more than once about destroying our world as we know it.  Wouldn't that be a good change.

There is a virus going around starts with a cough and not fun.   I think I have started and have my remedies ready;  I knew I bought that whole chicken for some reason. . . chicken broth here I come. . . Fisherman cough drops and down time.    Say a prayer it passes quickly.   Like everyone else, I do not like to have a flu bug to contend with.    I'm off to have my coffee, wake up and maybe feel sorry for myself . . . poor me,  poor baby,  Okay, okay, I'll be good and grow up and stop.   Go carefully, don't catch a flu bug and make your day memorable.   Do that one good deed and make someone , or two, feel treasured today.    Be useful, smile with your eyes and hug tight.   Hugs to all.




No comments:

Post a Comment