Saturday, January 24, 2015

Places

Sunset on Mt. Rainier.

Mendocino.    

I bet Patricia and Erin are smiling.

The weekend is here.   The weather is clear and colder.   The furnace is singing constantly and I am entertaining a flu bug.  Looking at pretty  scenic pictures help as I can pretend I am off for a walk in the sunshine.  I was bored yesterday so decided to make some applesauce cookies.  Pat had asked if I had a recipe so I found one and followed the directions to a 't';  can any  of you use some crumbs?   The cookies came out plate size, brown and gorgeous but wouldn't lift off of the cookie sheet.  I have no idea why.   I sent an  s.o.s. to friend Marcia and she came back with her recipe which cut the shortening and sugar in halves.   She told me this type of cookie has a tendency not to leave the pan;  next time I think I'll try  parchment paper, that might help, along with a cooler oven.  She said the crumbs will be extra tasty on cereal or with yogurt so they wont be wasted . . . but I am wondering if the birds would like them.  As for me, I am going to 'drop an egg' (poach) and feed my flu bug.  I am going to leave the baking until better days.    I think I've lost my touch!

I hope your weekend is a happy and healthy one.    Stay awake from any one who even looks like they are going to sneeze.   Wash your hands frequently.    Be careful to stay healthy  and hardy .    If you have a good recipe for an applesauce cookie that doesn't stick to the pan, let me know and I'll give it one more try.   Be loving, be kind, be gentle with all you meet and greet today.   Do not visit a friend with the flu, but do give them a call and wish them 'all better'  and a can of chicken broth might help.   I'm off to make some soup the elixir  of  chasing the flu bug away.   Flu bugs means no hugs, no  kisses, no company . . . down on flu bugs, down on flu bugs, I'm on my own march today.   Hugs to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment