Sunday, January 25, 2015

Joseph Has a Birthday

Is that for me?   Yeah!!!    Happy Birthday to you.  Happy Birthday to you.  Happy Birthday dear Joseph, Happy Birthday to you.   

Sure I know how to eat a birthday cake!!!   Want some?

Hey Mom, Hey Dad, I got a present.

I like the wrapping.   It makes noises.  Makes messes too.

That Grandma Judy sure knows how to pick out presents.

Another one. . . wow
It is a chair...wow....for me?   Yes......all I have to do is get in it.
See, it fits me just fine.   

Come join me and play.
Grandma Judy shares her grandson with her  Aunty Mom Helen and me.  A great grand child is special.   Joseph is a whole year old and soon will have a new sister who is coming in May.   I wonder how he will enjoy sharing all those new toys with her.  Well, it will take awhile for her to grow and give him a little competition.     He is such a cutie.   It isn't every day I get to attend a birthday party.  Sure brought back a lot of memories.  I hope it brought back some for you too.    There is nothing like having a little one around to brighten up your life.

It is Sunday.  I made more chicken soup and it is helping to chase this flu bug away.   I hear there is a lot of it going around.  My friend, Eunice, called to say she was down.   We both went to Fred Meyers to shop so that must be where we picked it up.  It is not pleasant and it takes time to get better, slow but moving in the right direction.   My poor ribs are sore from all the coughing but it seem to have slowed down a bit today.   I may be on the mend.    So have patience, I'll get back in the swing of things yet.    

The word on my calendar for Saturday was 'nodus' meaning complication, difficulty . . . so my flu bug is nodus.  Old Roman poet Horace said it meant "a knot worthy to be untied"  Shows how long the knot has been regarded as a symbol of a seemingly inextricable problem  all the way back to 1738.   The word today is 'agog' full of intense interest, eager'  English speakers have been clamoring over the word "agog' for more than 450 years.  So I learned something new , now all I have to do is remember the words when I play scrabble.

Enjoy your day.   Be careful, try not to catch the flu.    Save the hugs and kisses for better days when everyone around you is healthy.    I had a call from Donaleo today telling me Erin was swimming in the ocean.   He sounded so close, great connection.   It will be interesting to see and hear what develops in their near future.   They had just had a lunch on me as I missed his birthday and sent a treat so they could have an Aloha welcome lunch and celebrate.   One can never be too late I find.    So if you missed someones birthday, get  busy and catch up.    Birthdays are special for each one of us.   the more you have the better it is.   Hugs to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment