Friday, January 23, 2015

Cartoons

Along with every thing else the hair thins as you age;   too bad it isn't a little belly fat.  When Gina , our barber lady, cuts my hair, I begin to look a little like this.  It depends on whether she has cut several male heads before my turn.  If she has then I'm in for a very short haircut.  I am getting used to it and think I like it.   I'm thinking of trying a Judy Dench haircut, a sculptured cut very close to the head.  One step above  bald, but I lack courage.  

I think it should count.    Many of us do a lot of tossing and turning and it should count for something.


there is always a comedian in our lives.    

I like this one.   I think I'll look for a similar sign and hang it in the house so when folks come with their electronic gadgets they will get the idea conversation is not passe.


I wish I liked beer, but I don't.   I had some of my homemade chicken soup today and it helped me feel a little better.   The cough  is mean.  The flu bug or whatever it is has decided to take up housekeeping and I had a very lazy day.   I'm not complaining.  It is always great to have a good excuse to sit around and do a lot of nothing.     


Ha, ha,  never thought of this.     

Well  you knew I couldn't have cartoons without finding a political one or two.  He shouldn't worry, Nancy is looking out for her man.


The truth will out....finally.... 

Now that is the best suggestion of the day.

Go, be somebody who makes everybody feel like a somebody.   You all know someone who needs a lift, so get out there a do a little lifting.    Be a friend today.   Cook up a pot of chicken soup and take a some to your friends with the flu bug;  just leave it on the doorstep and run.    It will serve as a grand gesture and a silent hug.   Dig out your old Easter basket and fill it with a little Kleenex, a package of cough drops, and a big chocolate bar.  A little note wouldn't hurt either.   I didn't get any of that at my door, but what I did get was some Swiss chard  right from Jock's garden and that has healing qualities to chase the flu bug away.  Thanks for thinking of me Jock.   Now catch a big salmon and plan to come and grill soon.  I'll be ready.   Go . . . be good, be kind, be gentle as only YOU can be.    Friday . . . one day before a whole weekend  . . . our word today is "fervid" meaning very hot: burning, extreme intensity of feeling . . . shall we talk politics?  . . . smile . . . wait until I get my strength back.    Hugs to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment