Friday, January 9, 2015

Lone Ranch Beach

My trusty sign in case anyone finds a dust kitty I missed.

I found this beautiful picture of  "The Spanish Armada" at  a thrift store .  Isn't it a beauty ?  I think so.   I  thought son John might like it.

I was invited out for my favorite walk at Lone Ranch Beach today.  The sun is shining and it is a bit on the cool side but lovely enough for a beach walk.   Emma perked up and had a great time with some other dogs ;  how she loves company.   She would stay there all day even though her tongue was hanging out from all that exercise.  I found a live flower...in January...wow!! A beauty  and a sign of spring...dream on.....


The beach grasses have taken over the rocks and the driftwood piles. 

A storm is brewing and the ocean is saying so.

Erin, Patricia and Emma having a nice walk along the beach.

The wave built and built and headed for shore;  another storm moving in;  waves getting higher.

At the end of the walkway there are bramble bushes and dead tree limbs hovering over a small pathway leading into the interior  of the land between the path and the ocean.   I wonder where it leads...how far does it go?   Much to narrow and steep for me to try.  One of the facts of life is to get up and go while you can.  Don't hesitate to go for a walk along the beach, or into the woods, or around the block , as there will come a day you will be unable to.   The mind is willing but the legs and the feet have other ideas.   I guess they get to a point where they tell  you they have done a fantastic job for a very long time and now it is time to give them a break.  Sad, as there are paths to wander on and places to hike to .  The spirit is willing but the feet are resting . . .and they earned it.    It was fun to get out there and hike the old pathway.  The brambles are blackened sticks and the thorns are plenty.  The trees are bent and bare.   Winter . . . it does have a quality of down time while it is busy slowly rebuilding itself to open up in the Spring and surprise us one more time.   

Today, go for a walk;  your choice;  just don't put it off.    Invite a friend.    Pack a  picnic lunch and stop at one of the tables that overlooks the beach or the pathways in a park and relax.   There were campers on the beach, a young crowd.  In one of the pictures you can see a young man standing on top of a huge rock.   He was walking around in circles for awhile, maybe working of a buzz of some sort.   The two girls were doing an exercise program and the table top was filled with gear and a guitar.   Oh how nice to be young and enjoy a winter camping experience.    I never thought to do that and I thought I had thought of everything....smile.

Be good, be kind, be good to  yourself;  don't waste  your seconds they are much to valuable.    They fly bye very quickly , even though you don't think so.   Take care of your body so you won't live to say "if I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself."   Surprise yourself and start the caring right now.   And care for those you love by reminding them to take care of themselves.    Another old adage of 'what goes around comes around';  be sure what comes your way is to your liking.   Go. . .get ready for a good weekend.   Enjoy every second.  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment