Friday, October 16, 2015

Tea and Sympathy

Night in Alaska.  An 'aura' like no other.   And the saints watch over us.   Maybe an angel or two.  A little magic in the night sky.

I may have shown this picture before as it looks a bit familiar.   It is different and has a beauty all its own. Nature's time piece as it reminds me of the inner workings of a clock.  

now take the milkweed spewing its seeds...nothing bashful about  this one.   

Jennifer sent in this picture showing a brand new Iris blooming in her mom's garden in October.   I think it is called a late bloomer...smile.


Tea for breakfast this morning, the coffee pot gave up.  It has been acting strange this week so it got a good cleaning but that was not the problem and I have no idea what is.    All I know is tea is not my favorite wake up drink but it will have to do.   All I can say is they do not make 'things' as they used to.    I remember a time when you bought a coffee pot it lasted a life time.   Remember the old perks?   If they were not so expensive I'd buy one.    The drip is okay but the pot give out so fast you go through at least two , if not three, a year.    I'm singing 'the old gray mare aint what she used to be' and I'm not talking about me. 
 
A quiet day at Ridgemont yesterday.    The desert was good for a change and belayed the liver and onion special....not one of  my favorites and I choose not to eat it.     We had one of the men join our table and he was all excited about his findings on the computer about family;  some genealogy  format he followed and found out about some of the great grandfathers and grandfathers who were all owners of  farm land.    One became rich  but his money didn't trickle down to this great grandson.  He had to work hard for a living.  How we all want a 'rich uncle' to help belay our 'druthers'...or like me, wishing to win the big one to leave my kids a big chunk of money to travel the world on.    I'm singing..."dream, when your feeling blue,  dream   that's the thing to do....so dream, dream, dream." 
 
So today, stop and smell the roses or whatever flower you love the most.    Take time for YOU.    Friday is a good day to finish things and gear up for a little fun and relaxation.    Spend a little time doing a good deed;   call someone who is really anxious to hear your voice;  how lucky you are to be so loved.    There is an old adage about 'if you can't be good;  be careful."   my, that covers a multitude of sins....so be careful and partake in activities that make you laugh out loud.   Go, be funny today.....and make it last all weekend before you have to get serious and get back to work again.  Hugs to all.   



 

No comments:

Post a Comment