Monday, October 19, 2015

Laughter

Leave it to the Mrs.   She may not be able to fix things but she is ingenious enough to find a way to solve a problem or two.   It's okay... laugh . . . now you know what to do when the egg time doesn't work.

of course it does....oh for a duster that works by itself.

I'd like these two sitting on my front door area.   A Halloween welcome.  Cute and clever.

Reflection . . . lovely to look at.

I keep telling you this.....it is the best way to go.


Sunday was a quiet day, as it should be, and the thumping guitar pastor was on time for his little group.   I smile as it , the thumping music, brings back memories of the three piece band that played at the Elks club so many years ago, beating out the same rhythm , a singular rhythm to dance to, be it a waltz or a fox trot or even a polka.    the ladies have quite a time trying to sing a hymn or two, but, all that matters is they all are meeting and greeting and the Good Lord is smiling because of their efforts.   

The dining room was almost empty here at Ridgemont.    Sunday is a family day for those who have family around.   A day to go out and enjoy a little outside life and have tales to tell all week.   It was a soft misty day, wanting to rain but never making it pass that point.    the choice was salmon or pork chop and the usual cheesy potatoes and yellow rounds of carrots and long rubbery string beans.   Not appetizing but that coconut crème pie had enough flavor and calories to make the lunch worth while. I think Vinnie must have read what was on the menu and decided to go out for his  lunch.  We will be reading "Winds of War" into the new year.   I find the meals unappetizing  but I am lucky as my girls are both excellent cooks and I am invited out to dine with them.   I got to see the last few episodes of "Reign" at Pat's home and then we joined Christine at her house and had a special chicken dish that soothed the pallet.    Now we have to wait for a new season .
 
The big Seahawk game was on so the ladies were dressed in their 'colors'  and excited about watching their favorite players.   There is a new shirt out with sleeves that can be removed.  You can start off in short sleeves and add the rest of the sleeve to suit your taste.  Maybe it is made to keep the arms either warm or cold.  Even has a thumb hold.    A bit strange but a fan is a fan is a fan....The manufacturers will probably come up with a hood next, or a wrap around scarf.    A little overdone , but then I am not a sport fan and cannot quite understand those that are.    Sedentary not physical, what can I say!
 
The new coffee pot makes five cups of coffee, and that is not in mug size, so think of it as a two cupper.   It works well and the coffee is good so I am not complaining.    I am about to love you and leave you and go put on a pot.  Pat brought me over a buttermilk donut so you know what I am up to this morning.  
 
I hope your new week is going to be one of bright lights and smiles.     I hope you will find time to be good, kind and gentle with those you meet and greet this week.     Remember, everyone carries a load, just hope it is light and does not bog you down.   Try a little patience, understanding and lift yourself out of a quagmire.   You can do it and while you are at it, be sure to give a helping hand to someone who really needs you to brighten their lives.    I certainly am thankful YOU are in my life.   Go, do a bit of magic today.  Hugs to all. 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment