Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Cuties

Smiling Eyes . . . that song, "All I need is Love" comes to mind.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder . . . graceful, translucent  and amazing.

Two is company, three is a crowd, four is to many and five not allowed.....when lightening strikes, who cares?   Sure footed mountain goats...pretty cute and sure footed.  They are probably thinking of singing that song...'Show me the way to go home."    And we think we have something to complain about.

Mirror, mirror, who is that beautiful face......wow, what a beauty....

Picture by Dan Lewis who was taking his annual trip to see the New England colors  . . . beauty even in the rain.



Good morning, a new day and I am still smiling over the one that got away, yesterday.    Vinnie was a show, read a short while but it was his birthday and he was celebrating with a lemon pie from his want to be lady friend, Rose, who used to bake pies for a Tea Room and mastered the art.  He wanted her to bake him one of her prize pies but as she is going to be celebrating her one hundred years of age soon, no luck, it is just to much to ask.   She asked me what to do. . . easy, buy a Fred Meyer lemon meringue  pie and wish him good health...she did and he was tickled.   On the same vein, he had to come down to my place to pick up his frozen Blizzard , one of his favorites and he felt his day was worth while.   Turning eighty is a bit scary for some but it is really only a new beginning of a new and special decade of life.  He got a kiss on his cheek and glowed, so entering a new decade is not all bad, just a slow down time of life;  um. . . maybe that is what rocking chairs were made for.
 
We have two new ladies to meet and greet.   The apartment next to mine is now occupied so I will have to change my ways as I have had no one around me for several months and no one in the apartment below so I have been able to stomp around like I own the place.   Hopefully, I can invite my new neighbor in for a cup of tea and a cookie and get to know her.   Our lady, Betty, has become the greeter of the place and she is a wonder in making the new person feel at home.   She takes time to show them the way to the elevator up to the third floor and lunch and helps them get acquainted to their new surroundings.  She is just a little sprite and full of pep and vinegar, with smiling eyes and a need to be useful.   We are lucky to have her.    Meanwhile we inhale the smells of cookie baking as Doris makes some different cookie a couple of times a week.  She has been baking for years and is a wonder.  She will be 99 this year but you would think she was in her seventies.   A live wire, a giver, a delight to know and I am on her cookie list . ah, there is nothing like being a 'taster' and I haven't found a favorite cookie yet as each sample has been better than the last one.    I shared three of my cookie recipes  with her so am expecting to taste one of them soon.    I am still working on getting over my fear of the stove and setting off the alarm.  I am getting a little braver as I have cooked some sausage and eggs without setting it off.   I will keep trying, and maybe I'll bake something soon as I miss my date and nut bread with cream cheese...um...I could go for some of that right now.
 
So, take yourself to the kitchen, get out a bowl and put some batter together and make some one you like and love happy today.    There is nothing like a little tea party to set  your world straight.    Be kind, be gentle, be as good as you know how to be and share YOU . . . don't be bashful, walk into a bear hug and give one back.    Smile with your eyes and 'glow';  hum a little until you get the tune just right then 'bellow' to the top of your lungs as you make a little sunshine to brighten your day.  Hugs to all.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment