Thursday, October 29, 2015

Seasons

Fall in all its beauty.   The little cottage facing the lake reminds me of Minnie and  Hobe's little cottage on Boone Lake . Rhode Island where we spent a lot of time  a very long time ago.   The cottage wasn't as big as the one pictured but close.  I painted a picture like this, wonder if it is hanging on some wall somewhere.    

Mt. Rainier, snow has  fallen up there already.   A great hiking spot for many.   Wonder if there is a ski lodge up there.   Looks like ski country to me.   

Ah, lunch time.

Another vie of Mt. Rainier  as the sun begins to rise.  

I am very thankful to the photographers that take such beautiful pictures and I wish I had their names to give them credit.   I have a camera but right now we are having a rainy week and no good light for pictures.    We did get off to our bus ride to Gig Harbor and I am sorry to say it rained cats and dogs all day so no pictures.   It wouldn't have done any good to take pictures anyway as we really didn't go into the town to see anything but two stores, both of which I could have done without.  The ladies were not up to much walking so after the first store they slowed down and by the second store they had had it and we started back to Ridgemont.    To say I was disappointed would be the understatement of the year.   We didn't go near one store that had clothing or home items such as drapes and things I was interested in.   I have taken down the sheers for the winter as they are so long they touch the heater and warm up.  I am afraid of fire so took them down and intend to find some short drapes for the winter months.   I sure can't find them in a hobby store.   So my telling you of the trip is short and it was.
 
Daughter Patricia is off to Seattle and a doctor visit today.   Take a few seconds out of your day and say a prayer for her.   We hope there is some good news of the new medication she has been given.   It doesn't seem so as she has had a lot of down days because of it...I think...some would argue but I don't see a good change at all.   M.S. is an insidious disease and a scary one.   If you pass a church, light a candle please.
 
Well yesterday was not a complete dud as Christine and her crew had a session to make the little door prizes for the upcoming Christmas tea.   One of the creative artisans came up with a small white marble Frosty the snowman to put into a wire base as a Christmas ornament and gift for those attending.   We had a small shaped cardboard, like a tree, and wrapped wire around and around to make a holder for Frosty.   They are clever and cute and we had fifty to make....and we did it....nothing shy about us.
 
I think the pizza and salad helped egg us on.   The ladies are fun to  be with and I met a couple of new ones.   I had a problem facing a wall of beautiful art work and couldn't decide which one I wanted to own.  The price alone fixed that problem and I came home empty handed.    I also got to judge some new work coming in and critique it.   Both sets were from photographers and they are very talented .   The pictures were amazing.   One photographer has a lady friend who loves to grow flowers and has a garden to write home about.  He goes over to her yard with his camera and makes magic pictures.   I sometimes think we do not take time to really truly look at things.   The intricacies  of the stamen of flowers is unbelievable when you get down close and personal.   No wonder the bees love flowers.    The other photographer only entered three small pictures of her work and it was enough to show how talented she is.   She settled for the closeness of animals and had three very beautiful shots. . . talk about smiling eyes....animals have it down pat.  So my day ended with hugs and a smile and now a new one to conquer.
 
A rainy day again...so....who cares;  I don't.    I cannot go out and walk to the corner and back but I can walk the hallways for exercised or get off my duff and use one of the machines out in the activity room and stretch the muscles.    So, get up and get going as you have places to go and things to do today.  Thursday....yep, it's here already and it is going to be a busy weekend with Halloween to celebrate.    Get ready for the neighborhood spooks and scare the be jeepers out of those ghosts and goblins heading your way.    Just do not forget those who cannot participate and stay all alone and lonely;  they have a need of a second or two of your time. . . put those pearly whites on display;   a sparkle in your eyes and get on your 'broom' and have some fun scaring them into a laugh or two.    We are having a pot luck here in Ridgemont...now that should bring about a tale or two.  I'll be back.    Hugs to all.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment