Saturday, October 24, 2015

Hey There

Many folks think Nevada is an ugly state but it really truly is not. It is very beautiful state with so much of offer.  It was one of my favorite states to live in.  

Go get up and give it all you've got.


This should provoke a smile or two...yes, we all know one or two people like that. 


And the Indian People take pride in their names.    It is a pride and a privilege to have something named after you.

The Boston Red Sox used to have a huge following  and were well loved and respected.   


Here it is Saturday morning  and the quiet of the morning is peaceful.    I have not opened the shades so have no idea what the day will bring weather wise.    I have not turned on the television so I haven't found out how that hurricane Patricia is doing down there in Mexico.  It sure sounded like it was going to  be a terror;  um . .. some Patricia's are like that.   My Pat is liking having a hurricane named Patricia but is praying that it will not create a huge upset and suffering for so many folks living in its path.    I am glad of a new day as yesterday proved to be one of those when you are 'in your own way';  I pushed my walker into the leg of the small table in my hallway and the picture and swan went flying out and the glass in the picture frame became a thousand pieces of broken bits of glass.   No vacuum so it was not easy to get all those tiny slivers up.  It was housekeeping day so I left Gina a note so she would vacuum the hallway really good.   If there was something to spill, drop, break or even think about, the little man with a cloud over his head was at the ready to see that I qualified  as 'dunce' of the day, and that doesn't include breaking my reading glasses. . . that' s what happens when you sit on them....look ma, no stems;  maybe I should go for one of those single glass eyes....pez nez or something like that.  

I had drop in company which was nice.   Ron came to check on the puzzle, took one look and shook his head as it had not gotten much further than the last time he looked at it.   He is riding around on his new 'wagon' and is getting under control.   He gets the elevator all to himself these days.   Rose called and wanted company so I went down to find her cooking hot dogs and sauerkraut and setting a place for me.   I had already had my dinner so had to say no but the smells were so good I was tempted to taste but there was no room.    She is failing a little more each day, has a desire to have another small party for the folks here on her real birthday , November first.    She received so many beautiful cards she wants to meet the folks who took time to write a note in them.  She has decided on making up a game and put the cards out and have the owners claim them so she can meet them.    she was so pleased and happy to have so many write a note on their card celebrating her one hundred years....wow say that out loud.  Meanwhile,  Doris stopped in with some of her left over fish and chips and I did not say no to them.   All the while I had been wondering what I would put together for my dinner....all that worry over nothing . . . just leave the door open and all kinds of things happen.     I knew I should have packed my small kettle....guess I'll have to replace it.
 
I did get out to Walmart and found that they did get the new sweats in.  They came in beautiful colors but, there is that word again, they didn't have matching bottoms to go with the tops so I didn't get my winter set.    I got my exercise going up and down those aisles.  The basket works wonders and you can move right along.    It is good to move along the aisles and smile at the folks passing by.   The response to a smile is good for the most part.  There are always one or two who scowl and look at you like you are some kind of loose nut.  As usual , no list, so I didn't remember to pick up a few things I thought I couldn't live without.   I will have to because I wont be going back for another week or so.   
 
so today, if you are going shopping, don't forget your list;    Be sure you bring a smile along as some folks need it.    Enjoy today, a whole new day to live your seconds and be thankful for all you do have.    Say a prayer or two for the folks living through a big storm.    That reminds me I had candles on my list and forgot to buy some;  and I must check out a lantern inn case we lose the lights this winter, you just cannot read in the dark.    Make 'hay while the sun shines'   and put your boots on if it is raining...live a little...dance in the rain.    Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment