Friday, October 9, 2015

A Little More

and we have to have a lot of character to forgive and it sometimes takes a long time depending on the who, the what and the why.    Some grudges are meant to forgive;  some grudges are meant to be held as some folks delight in making life miserable for those they truly are jealous of.   There are bullies and buddies in life;  your choice in the long run.

Love those political cartoonists;  nail it every time.

A beautiful woman, beautiful thought, and so right on the line.   Laughter makes our world so much brighter.

and beauty makes our world much lighter.    Unusual.  Reminds me of  a lovely Japanese dancer  with special fans.  I would like a few of those feathers.

Well, we who are retired salute those of you who look forward to Friday and a weekend off from work duties.   You can relax and catch up with yourself and take time out for a little fun although I am sure there are home chores to catch up on.   Plan a few hours for YOU, the mind and body demand a little freedom as it allows the body and mind to catch up with each other.   
 
Yesterday was my first visit to the new doctor.   I filled out reams of paper and answered all the questions, met two ladies as I entered a spacious office without a magazine to look at.  The huge fish tank was interesting to look at as one huge fish bullied all the little ones.   Hopefully not an omen of things to come.    The two ladies, one in training, allowed me to take off those heavy shoes before weighing in . . . well they must weight ten pounds each. . . and I need all the help I can get to retain the hope that I lost a few pounds . . . um. . . wishful thinking.
 
The inner office was more like 'home' with magazines to look at.  I think it is to keep you occupied as you wait for the doctor to get to you.    I lucked out as this smiling gentle man came in the door with a smile and a young lady to take notes as we interviewed each other.   He has a sense of humor , one of the prerequisites of a good doctor.    He asked questions, I answered and we agreed to agree and I went down to the lab to have blood drawn.  Now he can check it out and make sure the innards are up to par.  He thought I was in good shape for the shape I'm in.   I wanted to say it was because I don't go near doctors...smile.....but he probably already guessed that.
 
Now the secret of good health is to find a dentist and good 'eye' man.    Hopefully within a short distance.   
 
The rest of my day was quiet.   The puzzle is coming along slowly.  It is much harder when you have to go to other spots to find pieces.   Fifteen hundred tiny pieces are just too much for fun, it is more like hard work.   gripe, gripe, gripe!!
 
So today, gripe if you must, get it out of your system.   Find some productive and exciting things to do with your seconds.   Don't forget that one good deed . . .or two, be good, be kind and gentle, laugh out loud and be a clown, it is good for you.  Put on some old records and kick up those heels . . . lighten the load and enjoy a bit of love and laughter.  Hugs to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment