Thursday, October 15, 2015

Beauty and the Beast

Did I show you this picture before, worth a repeat as it does remind me of rides up into the Sierras where the Fall aspen turned the pass to gold.   This isn't the Sierras or the Aspens, but it reminds me of some wonderful rides up into the mountains and the search for beauty to photograph.   

This picture came from Trips to Alaska and a place I wish I could visit in depth.  I did get there on one of the boats that went to Glacier Bay and it was awesome and wonderful.  We had a couple of stops and had salmon on the grill and even had our picture taken with a huge bear in front of one of the stores;  not alive like this one...smile.  I wanted to send this picture to Jock to remind him to be careful when out in the boonies hunting as he would want to bring home a new pet and I don't think his hunting dog, Gunner, would go for it.   Maybe as a rug!!

Such strength, such beauty, such a wonder!!

Proof you do not have to have acres and acres to have a garden with all the good vegetables you need to stay healthy.  I love the places they found to place a basket or a bucket and grow something edible.

And as he put his arm on his bicep the thought crossed his mind...'wimp' and he grinned.

A truism, how sad for America. 

Mid October already, how words can remind us of fleeting time.    The rains came and disappeared leaving a bright sunshine day for six of us to get on the little bus and go off to see a surprising very small Navy museum in the delightful town of Poulsbo.   Two of our fellow travelers didn't show for the bus, but lucky for us it was not cancelled.   We rode off in bright sunshine, light traffic and within a half hour we were walking around looking at artifacts from early sailing days.  The history seemed more like tales from a Norwegian folk tale as many of the seamen came from Norway and Sweden.    The displays were well presented and there was more than enough words to read and learn as we walked around the perimeter of a very large room.    There was even plans on how to make one of those small fishing boats.    I didn't take my camera, I'm sorry to say, as there was a 72 pound Salmon gracing the top of one wall.  The largest salmon ever caught world wide.   Jock would have liked to have been the one to haul that one in.   
 
There was much to see and read about and we did see a small video of the last sail of one of the vessels.   We really couldn't enjoy it as the sound was  not working and the picture was grainy but we could see enough to follow the little ships path in a very choppy sea.   One could get sea sick looking a pictures like that!
 
Several ladies went outside to sit in the sun.  A lot of folks really do not take time to read all the words telling of the histories of the artifacts.  We had a twenty minute wait for our bus to come back for us so I took a walk down the street and stopped in a couple of shops to see what  they had.  One was a bead store and there was an amazing collection of all kinds of beads.  They had a display of beautiful bracelets honoring the local team...The Sea Hawks.    I bought one for one of the girls for Christmas as she often wears a sweat shirt showing her devotion to the team.  I got back in time to get on the bus and the ride back 'home.'   Next time I hope they have another trip to this little town and we have time to go down town and see the shops.   They did have a bakery and restaurant open nearby where we were waiting but we had already had our lunch at "Red Apple"  on our way to the museum.   The ladies went for huge ice cram sodas...I gather this is the place to order one. . . not me, I went for fish and chips and cold slaw.   Some had chili and corn bread and that looked good too.    All in all we had an outing and it was good to be away.    I think the next trip;, before the month is out, is to a town for some shopping.   I'll sign up and tell you all about it and maybe get another Christmas gift or two.   I'm doing good, have three down and a few to go.
 
Speaking of going, I am going to love you and leave you as I am off to grocery shop, the cupboards are bare...nothing good in this house....you have heard that before.    There really is plenty to work with , just not what makes the taste buds sit up and take notice.    So, make your list and check it twice and get out and shop for something you can't live without.   Be good, be kind, be gentle and be sure you share a hug or two with someone you love and like.     Pick up the telephone or take that one fancy one out of your pocket and send a verbal hug to a few folks in need of attention today.    Don't be stingy. . . Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment