Wednesday, October 14, 2015

SSN

We set aside a little every pay day so when we retired we would have the little extra help needed to survive;   Every time money was needed by the over spending Congress, Social Security was the security used and never paid back.   When the coffers were drained they then began to use the Federal employees retirement funds;  what happens when they retire and the coffers are empty?    I am still smarting over the Government Pension Offset Bill of 1983 where they reduced my income just because my husband and I both worked for Civil Service, even though United Print Craft workers were not really under Federal laws.   Each year the Senators and Congressmen agreed it was an unlawful and unjust law and they promised to get behind it and make a change.  The sponsored the bill but never brought it to the floor in over thirty years.    Unfair, unjust and my $99.00 a month Social Security was a far cry from what the illegals are getting today and they never put in an hours work or a penny to offset their livelihood.    Pay attention to what is going on, you never know when and how your pensions and social security will be wiped clean.   Also, as long as I am on this subject, every time money was needed our salaries were reduced so working for the Federal Government was not the best job to have and there was nothing one could do which made it even worse.    I could use that 'stolen' money today  just to survive but the news is that Social Security is going to go through another crisis and of course it is US who will pay.   

HA, HA,   ,,,, where did you go?   How will I find you?

The truth hurts.   

And now we realize what this kind of thinking can do.

I love to light candles for so many reasons and have for years and years.  I never thought how my candles would look if I lined them up over the years as I asked for peace for the departed souls, love for the living and justice for all.   I bet they would look much like this.   this is a Monks festival of lights;  how beautiful.
 
 
Hump day and we are off to the Naval Museum in Poulsbo.   Hopefully the rains will subside for the day and we will enjoy the ride over to this lovely small town.   We will have lunch out and then our time at the museum which I will tell you all about tomorrow.   
 
Meanwhile, yesterday was a quiet day around here.    We had cheeseburgers for lunch that were not at all bad.    I went down to visit Rose who has decided her negative days are over now that she has discovered so many folks really do like her.   She invited three ladies to join her for leftovers .   I was included but didn't go as she needs time to get to know some of the other ladies.   She had her table set and her left over sandwiches and pastries out on the counter ready to serve.  Her floral bouquet looked lovely as a centerpiece.   She hasn't forgotten how to put on a 'tea'.   She had all of her cards and pictures out ready to show them off.  How happy she is and her road to acceptance is on the way.  
 
As for me, I had a good day.   I finished reading the Louis L'Amour book on his travels across America.  It is a fine read and unimaginable the trips he did take in his lifetime up into the mountains and into every crack and crevice he could fit into.  He did not seem to have any fear of wildlife or the width and breath of the mountain passes.   He made good use of his seconds and he spent a lifetime writing so all of us could relish the beauty and wonder of our world.   The title of the book is "Frontier" and the photography is fantastic.  I find myself without a book to read so I will go up to the library and see what is up there.  Looks like I'll have to go over to Christine's house and raid a few of her book shelves, or start going to yard sales and build up my own.
 
I just found the perfect tool to clean between the keyboard keys....one of those rubber tipped teeth cleaners...works great.  Now  I have to go buy a new one for my teeth cleaning.   So, hump day is a good day to take stock of what you have accomplished so far this week and time to think about what you want to accomplish for the rest of the week.   Almost mid November already;  hard to believe time flies as quickly as it does.     I am not ready for Halloween so maybe a trip to the store is in order.  I will have to look for some treats that are not my favorites so I don't finish off another batch of candy before the holiday gets here.  The candy makers may have found a way to make things bite size but they forgot the old adage of the 'more the merrier' and believe me more is really merrier.   Go ....buy some treats....hide them from YOU....but not where you cannot find them....Be good, be kind, be sweet, after all that is what the candy is for....make you sweeter than you are right now.....adding a bit more of YOU to love and like..    Be a hugger...Hugs to all.
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment