Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Old Stuff

I first heard of the Moody Blues when Grandmother Minnie Mouse asked if I thought it would be a good record for son John for his Christmas present...it was as it was his favorite band at the time.    I wonder if he still has the record.   When I downsized and gave away about fifty records, it was one of them.  The biggest change in down sizing is getting rid of things you love.   Records, from way back when, were always a favorite and having a day to listen to favorite bands was one my favorite things to do.   I think I miss my little radio the most;  um....Christmas is coming...I'm making my list. 

The bark of a tree...how fascinating as you hunt for pictures and designs and marvel at the beauty of the coating of a tree.  An animal face, could be an elephant, an owl, a dog or a cat or an old grandmother like me....makes me want to reach out and touch it.     Age, wisdom, beauty . . .its all there.

A nice walk along a river, ripples and bubbles the song of nature.

A truism.

Good morning.    Hump Day and we, here at Ridgemont, are off to Gig Harbor today.   I hear it is a lovely small town with lots of little shops in old town and a nice size mall on the other side of the highway.    A chance to think about the upcoming holidays and gifts or just sightseeing in a new place.    I'll let you know what we find tomorrow...reminds me, yes, I'll take the camera.

Well Vinnie and I had our drop in company who want to sit and discuss anything to avoid going back to a lonely room.   It carves into our reading time but we made up for it and read for an hour, good read, and we are more than half way through the book.   We are back in history during the Roosevelt years and the Lend Lease bill which was a way of helping England without getting enmeshed in a war, but . . . it is working up to having to make a decision no one wanted to make until the Japanese decided to bomb Pearl Harbor and we jumped in both feet.   Meanwhile the family saga continues , Pug is going to finally get his battleship;  son Briney is waiting for his Jewish wife to return from Italy;  Rhoda ends her extra marital affair and a war to end all wars is about to begin.   Fascinating history I paid little attention to in my teens.   Where were you ?  What do you remember of the beginning of World War II?   So many memories hidden in the recess of our brains.
 
I have a new friend, Sue.  She came knocking at the door, magazines in hand, a treat and settled in the rocking chair and waited for her tea.   she has decided she likes my green tea.   We had a nice visit and I talked her into joining us on our bus trip today so hopefully we will both be able to do a lot of walking and sight seeing with hope that the rain will let up for awhile.    The season must be upon us as we have had rain for two days in a row.  
 
So, if you have rain, put on your rain coat and get out there and let the rain drops fall on your umbrella or your rain coat.  Don't hurry, a little rain wont hurt you at all.    A good soaking is what is needed to let you know you are alive and well.   Happy tears of rain making the whole world a little healthier and the weeds to multiply.    Just enjoy the weather as there is little or nothing you can do about it.   It comes from a higher place and the 'rain-master' is not taking any guff from us.  Go, have a day to remember and share YOU with those you love and like.    Be good, be kind, be gentle, be a true friend today.  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment