Friday, October 2, 2015

Food and Stuff

How come we never thought to making this when at the beach?  Looks like the tide isn't due n for awhile...good thing after all that hard work.   I have seen drift wood shacks but never a dining room. . . ah, imagination!!

New owners, great food, a real production and well worth the stop. 

Here is a look at our Saturday market where you can buy some fresh produce and lovely flowers.

Angie has done it again.   She decided to join a class to learn how to make a quilt and I wuld say her first attempt is a winner.

The lovely Truckee area of Nevada....sigh!!

 
 
There was a debate last night here in Port Orchard and daughter Christine invited me to join her so I could meet the incumbents for the city counsel and when voting time comes along in November, I will have some idea of what is going on and what the contenders look like.  I believe four seats are up for grabs.   City Hall is a beautiful building, well built, open, great chamber room , half circular seating for the incumbents or for general meetings.  My daughter seems to know everybody and I was introduced to he mayor and several of the ladies who seem to be involved in a lot of Port Orchard activities as I have met a couple of them at the Gallery.   Nice folks, and very dedicated to their small town.  The sad thing is that I could not hear.  They each had a microphone in front of them but it didn't help as the voices seemed soft and muffled to me.   They each had a name card and the woman who is head of the Women's League of Voters had a very soft voice.  She asked each one questions and they responded and although I could not hear and follow the debate, body language has a mind of its own.   The old timers were more relaxed, while the younger members had more to prove.   A good showing of town folks and all listened intently with the exception of one old fellow who seem to nod through the entire event.   Maybe he was just resting his eyes and didn't miss a word.    It was my first ever political debate and I was happy I attended.   I may not have heard all the words, a few got by, and I picked up a little knowledge of the folks running and saw how they responded....now to buy the newspaper and follow up on some of their words.   
 
Here at Ridgemont it was paint the entrances day and the ladies did a fast and a good job.    No more holes for hanging 'stuff' outside the entrance to the apartments.  There are some new hangers that do not create holes that can be used.   I'll have to come up with something to welcome guests when the door is open;  something clever. . . so if you have any ideas send them this way.   I could use a little help in the thinking department. 
 
Speaking of open doors, I left mine open yesterday and Ron walked in with another Louis L'Amour book called "Frontier" which is the authors short stories about his travel throughout America and the photographs were taken by David Muench and are fabulous.  I can hardly wait to start in on it.    I have a novel going and am halfway so when finished you know what book I'll have going.   I had no idea that this book and the poetry book existed.  I thought I had the collection of all his work but find some of the most important work was unknown to me.    If you have a book reader on your Christmas list, I'd recommend this book and the poetry book as well.  They have been around for years but are the kind that never go out of style.    There is just something about the 'old west' and life way back then that appeals to all...  well, all of us who have a 'thing' for cowboys.    Oh, and Vinnie didn't show for our reading but did stop by to drop off two small empty tins he thought I'd find use for.  Nice thought.  He wouldn't come in seeing I had a visitor so he missed out on my filling the tins with sugar cookies I bought at Costco;  a huge Christmas tin filled with small tasty sugar cookies made just right for sharing.
 
Today is laundry day for me but I am banned from the laundry room as the city folks are going to shut off the water and flush the lines.  I understand that it can turn the water and clothes into a staining color so we were asked not to use the laundry room today.   There will be free time over the weekend then I can catch up.    Fine timing just when I was experimenting on my time line for getting my laundry done without having to hang in there or make several trips up and down the hallway....come to think of it, I could bring the "Frontier" book with me ....great idea when I next go down there.
 
So, make yourself useful today.   The end of your week.   I hope you had a good one and got in all your good deeds.  I hope you took time to hug a few folks along the way.    Maybe you even shared a  kiss on the cheek and held a hand or two . . . if you didn't...shame on you.....get busy and share you with those you like and love.   Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment