Friday, October 23, 2015

I'm Back!

She is not Maxine but she comes in second best.   What a tongue....Now if we could bottle the energy of the very young, retain the shape of a model and gain wisdom then when you turned ninety you could impart some wisdom . . .  we'd have it made.  Two out of three isn't all bad.  

How well we know this one.   

Now cut that out and paste it on your mirror and recite it every day.   

I had an unexpected call from a friend yesterday....such a boost to the morale.    I keep telling you how important it is to reach out and touch someone you have not seen for awhile and let them know they are missed and that they are still important to you even though you don't see each other as often as you would like.    The morale needs stroking and an unexpected note or a telephone call can make the difference between a tear and a smile.     Hum along....; 'that's what friends are for.......'     Yesterday was my day as I had a letter from an old friend telling me about his trip to Washington, D. C. and I shared it with all of you in an extra blog last evening.    Friends.....can't live without them, nor, would I want to.
 
Here it is Friday, laundry day for me..    Chasing a few dust kitties is a good idea also.    My new neighbor, Evelyn, knocked on my door with a big fat cinnamon bun from Freddy's;   and I have to admit it was very tasty at two a.m. when I woke up and thought about it.    I cannot be trusted with cinnamon buns.    I tried reading,  I tried tossing and turning, but to no avail...cinnamon buns have a call all their own.    
 
We could talk a bit about politics and Hillary's day with the Bengasi committee.    She tried very hard to make it like a session of running for President but it fell flat after a while when the serious questions came about.   One could almost feel sorry for her . . . I said 'almost' . . . but that woman has more gall than most and doesn't mind letting you know she is perfect....haven't figured out what  ....but I know one vote she wont get;  in fact after some conversations, I know several votes she will not get.    Speaking of voting, I go my first local ballet in on time.    We have a few positions to be altered or not, it will be interesting to find out if I had any knowledge of local politics when the results came out.   I parlayed with an expert on town knowledge and found out about some political posturing before the ballot came.    Speaking of voting remember it is very important that you vote, don't waste it.
 
So your week ends and the weekend is about to come up and the sigh can be heard all the way across the country.    I know you have some catch up 'stuff' to do, but organize and make your list, get the pesky stuff done and over with so you can relax and enjoy some free time.    the body needs it and it is good for the soul.     think of someone to treat, someone who 'doesn't get around much anymore' and have a bowl of chowder or some fish and chips or maybe an ice cream cone.   As the old song goes..."Make someone happy . . .  and you will be happy too."     Hugs to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment