Sunday, October 25, 2015

Apples

I think it was the Andrew Sisters that sang "Apple Blossom Time"   Well those blossoms worked hard and every fall, just about now, there are barrels filled with juicy apples...think apple cider, apple juice;  apple pie and my favorite apple turnovers right out of the oven...oh yum.....there is something about eating apples that makes the body feel really good.

An attachment came in yesterday with some interesting pictures I have never seen before.   This is a geyser before bursting.

I wonder how long it takes some of us to realize we just do not have to please everyone.    I wonder who ever put that thought in our heads.    The most important person to please is yourself.    If you are smart enough to know that then you are smart enough to spread a little of YOU with those you love.....and like.

Victoria Falls in Africa.    A sight to see.   How beautiful rainbows are.  Imagine what it must be like to be able to stand by the side of the huge cliffs and hear the roar of the falls.  

Well here it is Sunday morning , all over again, seems the days go bye faster than a heavy duty freight train.    Last evening we met in the activity room where Marcus gathered the group of would be singers together for a sing-a-long.  Even some of the men came this time, unusual, but good to see.    We need a leader, someone to get the right pitch so we could all sing out but the happy medium has not been reached yet.    Some of the ladies brought some treats so there was a break time to enjoy them.    It made Saturday night a bit brighter .

I find it hard to believe that October is almost gone.    It has been a good month of desirable  colorful Fall;  a bit of rain that showed promise and made the grass green again.    The chill is in the air , a forewarning sign of the winter months approaching fast.   There is going to be a pot luck supper on the 30th to celebrate Halloween.    Karen, our manager, is bringing chicken and the sign up sheet has the names of some fancy dishes.   It should be fun and a treat to some delicious food.  
 
Now there is a good idea for you;   make a few phone calls and invite some family and friends to get together for a pot luck.  Each one to make their specialty and share.   A great way to celebrate each other.  It doesn't have to be a big affair, just a small friendly one with a desire to appreciate one another.     A good way to enjoy each others company.  If I lived close by, I'd come and bring a dish.   I might put the water on for tea and I have a tin of cookies. . . um . . . wonder who might be foot loose and fancy free today.   This uprooting, downsizing, moving away from friends leaves a desire, a hunger to travel and visit all of you.    I'd love to knock on your door and see your expression as you found me on your doorstep.    A reunion like no other.    I'd go back to Massachusetts and my beginnings but there is no one there anymore.   Maybe a side trip to Pennsylvania and a welcome mat at Lynn's door  way.    I'd like to see Mike and Mari In Virginia and travel some of those old roads once again.   On to Arkansas and a visit with Paula and family.  I'd find time to go to Maryland and see if my old friend Mary is still with us, then on to Rhode Island and make a few special stops.   I would not miss out in spending time in Nevada so I could raise a toast or two with Helen, Kathy and Judy, but Judy might be in Colorado and I'd have to make sure I didn't miss her company.    I'd stop in Delaware and visit John and Jo and catch up on all those changes they have been making to their abode.    I'd stay with son Michael and drive him crazy for a week or so...we'd have such a good time...Of course I would go to Arizona and stay with Bob and Andrea, Christmas time would be good as Wendy will be home for a visit.    I wouldn't miss out on Brookings, Oregon as there are a couple of folks that might let me in for a visit.     Well if wishers were horses beggars would ride;  as the old adage goes.    Back to reality and figure out if I really want to put my shoes on today.   Take time out to dream a little it is good for you.   Hugs to all.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment