Sunday, October 11, 2015

New

A brand new member of the Sullivan clan.  Back in Rhode Island Mary  Beth Sullivan Smith became a grandmother and she is in 'hog heaven' as the old saying goes.   Son Colin and his wife Erin are the happy parents.   What a handsome little guy. . .

Wish I had known this when I had a garage.   Wonder if it works on pesky sp;iders everywhere;  bet it does.

Is this what is called a manicured walk?   A natural arch.


I love old barns.    This one reminds me of a special area in Nevada where a friend and I spent a day with camera in hand and took pictures of old barns.    There was something about an old barn that needed painting....on canvas.......they are best left alone otherwise.  

It is four a.m., wake up time for  me.  The body clock just takes off like it knows what it is suppose to do.   Coffee is perking and I am invited out for brunch today so that means two breakfast and no lunch;  I like that as breakfast food is always tasty and fuels the body for the day.   Of course I'll have a nap before leaving time but right now the quiet of the morning is delightful and I get to talk with you folks.   You are all sleeping in, good, it is good for the body and the brain.   It seems to me, before children, you could hold a dance in my room and I'd sleep through the noise, then things changed and sleep was not as important, or so it seemed.    The children grew up , all gone living life and sleeping in....think I should visit and roam around at four a.m. and let them know what they did to my sleeping habits....think it was deliberate?   Nah.....they  thought four or five  o'clock in the morning was wake up time.  
 
Speaking of waking up, I woke Ms. Rose up from her nap and we played rummy cube.  I used to have that game years ago and it is her favorite.   She is sharp and plays a mean game.  Her big worry was about her party today.   She is excited and nervous all at the same time.   She wonders if her old friends will be able to make it.   How many are going on a hundred years old, like she is.    She had her hair permed, nails done the color of her lavender dress and is hoping for one more slow waltz around the floor.   There was quite a few cards on the table and they are lovely as folks took time to write a few nice words thanking her for being such an inspiration.    Excitement rides high as she will have her family surround her today and even her great grandson will be able to attend.   So, say a prayer as you all wish her a Happy Birthday in your hearts today.  Believe me you would love her.  
 
Vinnie showed up for his reading time yesterday.   He tells me I calm him down....smile....well at ninety one I guess I  can still use the dulcet tones for some good.   Like the others in this age of uncertainty  the need is there for a kind word  and a light touch, we all can use that in our lives.   If you have elder members in your family, take a good look at them and know that they walk a path, much like a slippery slope, no knowing from one second to the next if they will make one more day.   I say that because I see the differences daily. 
 
One of the ladies, Jan, stopped in for a visit yesterday and we had tea and cookies.    She was wound up like a tight clock and wanted to tell tales of her younger years and  talk about her family and all of the words kept tumbling out .   She had a great time and invited me to visit her place when I could.    She is a grumbler, one who sees negative vibes rather than looking for a little sunlight, but given a listening ear and she  shines and her attitude changes.    Everyone has a tale to tell.
 
So today make a point in listening to someone who has a need.    It isn't always easy, but it is necessary . . . you have shoulders, use them.    Listen, dismiss the words and don't take them as part of you;  know that everyone has words to utter  and they need an ear for the moment to survive.  That is why we have two of them...in one ear and out the other.   Advice not needed;  just a friend with a broad shoulder.    There is something good about tea and sympathy.    Just don't inhale the words or you will be looking for a listening ear.     Be good, be kind, be gentle as only YOU can be.  Hugs to all. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment