Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Politics

The political cartoonist have a way with words.    I wonder if these two ever thought to retire...it sure is time.

We knew that before he did....why would he even be considered?    almost eight years of doing nothing but making a clown out of himself.

It takes two to tango.....when "Jo" ran the first time his words were a far cry from playing the 'buddy' role;  he was his own person then but oh how he changed.    Politics in its true form.

No cola raise once again...good thing paper plates are cheap.

reminded me of a few politicians promising sunshine on a snowy stormy day.


Politics....another whole year to go and we will be inundated with a lot of rhetoric.    I received an attachment yesterday so thought I'd share a few of the cartoons.    I'll be good and change the subject.

Let me see, it is Tuesday and it is three thirty in the morning.   I know, but what can you do when your body clock says you have had enough sleep for awhile.   I think I do my best sleeping in my chair with the Television on to put me back to sleep.   I hear the ladies and gentlemen here, making the same statements about their sleeping habits.. . what is that old song about meeting in the hallway.....we could probably have a party.   I bet  a lot of you are in the same boat.    I had one of 'those' days yesterday.   I was in my own way...ever have one...bet you have.  I thought it was Tuesday but found it was still Monday.   I had conversations at the lunch table about the upcoming trip to Gig Harbor and talked a couple into coming along saying the trip was going to be today....well it is going to be on Wednesday....so I took my walker for a walk around the building to tell my friends that they had one more day to get ready.    It was nice to find out where the ladies lived and I got to admire their quarters.    One of our ladies has some lovely pictures on her walls and a story to tell about each one.   I got to meet her great grandchildren by photographs and what cuties they are.   The other lady was hunkered down in her blanket in her easy chair surrounded by books.  She was having a personal bible study and was doing some research.   She is so smart and a wonder.    We are talking of starting a book club although neither of us has an idea how to do it.   Maybe Google will help.   Reading to Vinnie didn't last long as he had a date with Don to go out shopping and to the bank.   Vinnie can get Don to take him out in his car with a promise of  an ice cream sundae.   Both are ice cream eaters and it doesn't take much for either of them to come up with an excuse to go shopping.  
 
Daughter Christine had been off for the weekend and surprised me with a visit last evening.  She and Pam went to a special tea at one of the galleries down at the beach area quite some distance from Port Orchard.   Pam  played the part of Alice in Wonderland and loves playing the part.   They won a few prizes at the silent auction and had a long drive back home in teeming rain.   It was a nice break for both of them.   Pam is a brand new grandmother and is enjoying her new granddaughter.   It wont be long before she has a brag book and we can hardly wait to meet this new little wonder. . . new babies, aren't they wonderful!!!
 
Okay, enough prattle, it is four sixteen so time to put the coffee on and wake up.    I love you all for listening to my blather and wish I had a lot going on to share with you , but life at Ridgemont is not what you would classify as exciting, but it is the life of a nonagenarian .   It was fun to get a phone call from an old friend yesterday and catch up with her news.   I love my e-mails and enjoy reading about all that is going on in 'your' lives.    The trouble is I miss you all and would love to share some time with you in person.   but I guess we will have to settle for things the way they are and not as we want them to be.   Really verbal hugs are fun too.
 
So today, give a few of them out and get a few back....Know that you are important to someone...maybe even more than one; so you have your work cut out for you today.    Put a gleam in your eyes;    reach out and hug  a few lonely ones and know how important you are to the folks in your life.    A soft touch, a kind word, a good deed can make someone be glad to be alive.    Times a wasting, get up, get going, and share YOU with those you love and like.  Hugs to all.    

No comments:

Post a Comment